Recent content by Jrwest100

  1. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    new question: Now that its been a year post tkr, has anyone still noticed the exact same pain they had prior to tkr after tkr ? I still have a small effusion that came back after they pulled out 10cc fluid ( and gave me such relief and function).i still get the nerve pinch feeling on the medial...
  2. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    Thanks newlybionic- Yes its going to be a long two weeks. I 'll find out more information re: LTD
  3. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    Well, i have sort of an update.went to a non operating ortho who has been taking care of my cmc arthritis. I asked him what he thought of the knee . First thing he said was take off some of the fluid off the knee and send it off for the whole workup. Bacteria, fungus, virus. Crystals, etc when...
  4. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    So the consensus is a second opinion is needed. Do I have to involve the OS in this ? At my last appointment he was rather snotty with me and kind of " curt" when I asked questions. Said he could draw off fluid ( but it wasn't so swelled at that moment) but no cortisone. Basically said Ill see...
  5. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    Eta: unfortunately simple walking and regular movements bring the swelling and pain on....
  6. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    Yes,will elevate/ice,Thank you
  7. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    Oh sorry, yes, thank you
  8. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    Hi- LTKR 11/19. Per surgeon, no complications.I have had nothing but pain and swelling ever since.Still taking gabapentin and tramadol, and muscle relaxers- my quads spasm sometimes. Surgeon basically shrugs his shoulders and say I cant offer any other explanation. Supposedly x rays are ok...
  9. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    Well, I had the genicular nerve block yesterday, and I was pain free for 4 hours!!:yes!: First time I’ve been able to walk “normal” in 6 months ! And then of course it started wearing off and I was back to the original pain level. So, clearly the source is the knee , not the back.The swelling is...
  10. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    Thanks for the encouraging replies- it’s so hard to be patient, especially when it’s looking like I’ll have to find a new job in this current not good job market. I can hardly do 4 hours of work at home, much less the current job I was doing at work. It’s scary to go looking for a new job right...
  11. J

    Metal Allergy Still in daily pain

    Totally sympathize with you. Hope you get some pain relief
  12. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    I just can not tell what is normal or not. My OS just looks at me with a blank face and says nothing. I mean , he is giving me the time off. It's just now that my manager is asking when you going to be back? I think she might have to hire someone to take my place :(. The knee is still swelled...
  13. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    Thanks for your reply Celle. Yes the knee was in very bad shape prior to the surgery.Its so hard to be patient, and I want to be out of pain.I cant take nsaids , so its hard to control the pain, And now the right knee is taking all the brunt of this and is having terrible pain. But I would never...
  14. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    well- hello. Thought I would give an update. Was able to RTW with a primarily sitting job that just so happened to open up temporarily.When I has seen the OS , he said , well , it needs more time. I still have swelling happening though- I found a neoprene type knee wrap/support, which does...
  15. J

    TKR Recovery diary

    Haha parenthesis =paresthesia stubborn autocorrect
Back
Top Bottom