Recent content by joydiver

  1. joydiver

    THR Cathy's Recovery<

    Helloooo Cathy ! Just remembered it's our 6 week surgery anniversary and hoping you're doing well ! My problems now are not my hip, but are due to the knee-jarring klutzy moves I made. My PT guy found soft tissue areas near the knee that will just take time to improve so I'm careful not...
  2. joydiver

    THR Joydiver in recovery

    Most amazing thing about Noises Off was that this tiny local theatre group built the incredible front & back 2-story set with all the doors for the cast to dash through, in a temporary location. Highly energetic cast too - I was exhausted just watching the shenanigans ! Glad your PT has...
  3. joydiver

    THR Joydiver in recovery

    Hi Jan - yes the recovery does seem to be dragging for me too. Glad the extra cushions on the loveseat helped a bit. Strangest thing for me is I'm napping a lot - something I never do. Laughed at your grabber story you posted elsewhere - those tools are flimsy but I've finally started using...
  4. joydiver

    THR Recovery in Labrador

    Glad you are doing well, Jan, graduating to a cane !! Snowstom ? Yikes - hope it's your last. Nice to settle in with a glass of wine [emoji2]. Another small setback for me - I went to pull the sock tool out of a plastic container where I keep that stuff and it all started to fall. I...
  5. joydiver

    THR Recovery in Labrador

    Hi again @labanan ! Just saying hello since it's been a while since you've posted. Hope you're busy with good stuff ? Has all the snow melted yet where you are ? Took me a while to find a way to lay on the couch too - after a few weeks I realized I could put the Adirondack chair cushion on...
  6. joydiver

    THR Cathy's Recovery<

    Good grief, Cathy - I'm tired just reading about how much you did over the weekend ! But yes, I know how easy is is to overdo, especially if you are feeling better, the weather is good AND it's the weekend [emoji106] Congrats on sleeping in your own bed - nothing like it. I also graduated to...
  7. joydiver

    THR Recovery in Labrador

    Jan, so glad to read things are progressing well ! I've been off Tramadol for a while and have been taking just Tylenol. Had some 'bumps' in the road and had to spend more time resting and less PT & walking, but I seem to be back on track now. Recently found out there is 'extended' 8 Hour...
  8. joydiver

    THR Joydiver in recovery

    Just noticed the NY Times had an article in the Health Section on Monday about hip/knee replacements and recuperating at home. I added a comment and mentioned that the BoneSmart website was a great resource - it may take a while for the comment to be approved & published. There are already...
  9. joydiver

    THR Cathy's Recovery<

    Ohmigosh Cathy & Jan - you are both wonderfully talented ! The eggplants are stunning, Cathy - love all the color variations. Jan, your caribou and abstract are great too - and love the 3 dolls ! I get your point about the benefits of having creative outlets in these difficult times - I...
  10. joydiver

    THR Recovery in Labrador

    Thanks for the Netflix tips - added them to my Q [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. joydiver

    THR Recovery in Labrador

    Wow you have wolves & moose ? I've never seen either, but I'd love to, as long as I'm using binocs from a safe distance. We are not near the Pine Barrens, but live more in the northwest part of NJ. Please let us know when your novel is published - would be fun to read it. My most most...
  12. joydiver

    THR Recovery in Labrador

    Hello @labanan, just wanted to say thanks to you and other posters here for a very interesting set of posts [emoji122]. Had some time to read through yesterday while my husband was out for a few hoard - your trip home from the hospital was not for the faint-hearted ! Wondering if you've...
  13. joydiver

    THR Joydiver in recovery

    Hello All ! I haven't posted for a while but I've been reading and learning - and appreciate all the great expertise that's shared on this website !! I had my TRHR done on March 30, with a posterior approach. Of course I've had some ups and downs and I've learned to expect this, so my...
  14. joydiver

    THR Cathy's Recovery<

    Cathy, it's been a while but just stopped by to see how you're doing. First - VERY happy you had such a wonderful birthday surprise from Cheryl !! And secondly, I'm so sorry to read about your mother and brother - tough luck with so many medical problems occurring in your family all at once...
  15. joydiver

    THR Cathy's Recovery<

    Cathy, Mine is at the dentist now so I'm also trying to just chill and be safe - amazing weather and hopefully will still be nice later to get outside. Glad your leg seemed a bit better this AM and hope the extra recliner & ice time will improve it even more [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone...
Back
Top Bottom