Vida great idea about the lemonade stand. Only problem is the street is over a mile from here and the speed limit is 55 on that. I wonder what the fine would be for setting up a drive thru on a state highway. They are good looking kids, It might be worth it. I better noodle that though a bit...
Vida, it is funny, I have had an HD tv for a couple of years, and always thought it was silly to pay more for the upgraded signal and the DVR capability. My dear SO has been bugging me to stop being so frugal (she says CHEAP) and join the modern times for years. All it took was one week of...
I had my first follow up today, and all is well. Amazingly little swelling or bruising to speak of. The incision is healing well and I no longer need the in home nurse visits. We scheduled the left hip for June 11. If all goes as planned I may be able to return to work as soon as July 8. My...
Thanks everyone. We switched to Tylenol with a 1/2 tablet of dilaudid if needed. That seems to have worked well today. I am optimistic this will work out better. Day two was not nearly as smooth as day one. The lack of sleep combined with today's pt and a pretty severe case of nausea wiped me...
All that stressing out for nothing. I had my right side done Tuesday and according to the OS everything went well. I tried to post an update last night but couldn't focus on my little iPhone keyboard.
I am seeing one problem though. Currently I am on a PCA of hydromorphoneHCI, which is ok for...
12 hours to go until check in. The boys are with grandma and grandpa. All that is left is for my dear sweet SO to get me to the dance. I am scared but know I can't go any longer on what nature ( or God ) gave me. Even though I have not posted much, I am SO glad I found all of you. Your...
WOO HOO!!! I am official! RTHR on 3/26. I had to have MORE blood work done today but my A1C level came back below the OS's requirement! I chose to do the right first as to maybe be able to drive sooner after the left is done. Lefty, you're next! I am no longer reluctant. Let's get this over with.
So this may be a stupid question. I have read on other peoples threads that "the bone pain" is totally gone after surgery, does that mean the pain down the front of my thighs and the ache thoughout my knees will be too? Or is that something that will hopefully go away as my body gets used to...
My OS office called and told me that IF I can convince my surgeon that my blood sugar has come down in the month that I have been on the Glucophage, that I am "penciled in" for March 26th for my first shiny man made hip.:happydance: The second one to follow around June. I think my A1C level...
Hi Jamie,
Thanks for checking on me. My OS office called and pushed me back until March 11! It seems like this sort of thing has happened at every step of the process. Very frustrating! "Hurry up and wait" is the name of the game. I am going foreward as fast as my gimpy hips and the OS...
Hi all
My name is Jonas. Please allow me to introduce myself . Everything was fine up until June or so, then without warning I started feeling an occasional twinge in my hips. Fast foreward to December and I was now on crutches and struggling just to get out of bed. I had cortisone shots in...
Hi Teacat,
I had the shots in both hips on 12/26/12. The three to four weeks prior to that I was on crutches, barely mobile, and it took me 20-30 minutes to get weight bearing in the mornings. Since then, I have not had to think about using them. So much so that I find myself thinking I can...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.