Recent content by jogino

  1. J

    THR 6 weeks post op--over it!<

    I started my own thread a few days ago. Thanks for your interest.
  2. J

    THR RTHR 7 Wk. post op-Fatigue

    Jaycey, My employer definitely will work with me on this and I have loads of accumulated sick time. I just thought I should get back at least part time. Plus sitting here with my 91 yr. old Mom and her caretaker (our neighbor) who stays with during the day was starting to get to me. I thought...
  3. J

    THR RTHR 7 Wk. post op-Fatigue

    Jaycey, Thanks so much for your post. The links are very helpful too. I am trying to not fight the fatigue and keep telling myself this will get better. It is harder when you feel depressed and anxious. but I am doing what I can for all of it. thank you again.
  4. J

    THR RTHR 7 Wk. post op-Fatigue

    Jomarie58, You have had two hip replacements less than 6 months apart! Can't imagine doing that! I could handle the fatigue so much better if I didnt feel so down and have anxiety. Though I am on meds for depression they havent stopped it from hitting me after this surgery. I saw my med doc and...
  5. J

    THR RTHR 7 Wk. post op-Fatigue

    julesglass, Thank you for you for your response. It sounds like you have an awful lot you are trying to deal with as well. I feel like the exhaustion makes me depressed and worrying about what comes next and when will I be able to get back to work full time etc causes anxiety. I think we need to...
  6. J

    THR RTHR 7 Wk. post op-Fatigue

    I am just 7 weeks post op TRHR. I am writing about the emotional aspect of having major surgery. The first 3 weeks or so i was feeling mentally well. I was in pain and needed a lot of help with everything. But I was lucky to spend time at my sister's where I was well taken care of. Since I was...
  7. J

    THR 6 weeks post op--over it!<

    So sorry to hear of all you are going through. I am just at 7 wks. TRHR. The first 3 weeks surrounded by family taking care of me was wonderful. I mean I was in pain and very helpless but emotionally I felt fine. As I have dealt with some depression and anxiety and have been on low dose meds...
  8. J

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Was just reading your posts. I am sorry for the struggles you have been going through. I am 6 weeks post op from a RTH replacement. First 3 weeks surrounded by family caring for me I was fine emotionally. As I reached the point where I was well enough to go back home where I live alone, except...
  9. J

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Thanks for the encouragement I need to hear that this lousy feeling is normal and should go away. I am up and down and wake up now feeling anxious about what I am not sure....getting back to normal and work? Why does that give me anxiety? But I will try to do all the right things and not fight...
  10. J

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Thanks so much for your reply. It helps to know this fatigue is very real. I actually feel like the fatigue is what is making me feel depressed. Thanks for the links too. Very helpful.
  11. J

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Thanks for all that you posted. I had a total right hip replacement on April 11th. I had my left hip done 10 years ago. This one was harder. Less pain pre-op but much more post-op. On day 2 after surgery I needed a blood transfusion! For 2 weeks I stayed at my sister's and she was there helping...
Back
Top Bottom