Recent content by JoeKnows

  1. JoeKnows

    THR Too young for a hip replacement at 24?

    I was in a different, but similar situation. At 32, I was informed that I had AVN in my hip. Core decompression could provide some time (maybe), but replacement was inevitable. They SAY replacements last 20 years or so, but the fact is the newest replacements haven't been around long enough to...
  2. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    Hey Layla - I don't think it's from favoring the new hip. In fact, more often than not, I'm using the newer hip as my strong leg when standing up. I think I'm just being too sedentary because work is so busy - my workload has about doubled in the past 6 months (but my name's on the door now...
  3. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    Hey all - I seem to be regressing a bit, but I blame only myself. I'm quite overworked and not utilizing my standing desk as I should. Particularly in the mornings, and particularly if I kick my knee pillow out while sleeping, I am fairly hobbled when I get up. In the afternoons, my groin hurts...
  4. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    Two months already? Jeez. Doing well with the hip, though it acts up if I forget to actually use my standing desk. Yesterday I was stuck in a conference room for quite a while, and it's pretty stiff today. The incision still bugs me with what I believe to be nerve pain if I lay on it. Overall...
  5. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    @djklaugh I belatedly realized that I could have kept the shorts and flip flops going for a while longer, and now I've ruined my excuse (at a terrible time, since it's triple digits all week). I'm still good - I still haven't called about PT because I got consumed trying to catch up on work...
  6. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    @Lyla I appreciate that. When I mentioned it to my wife, she pointed out that I have pictures from the first hip and a current scar I can compare to... Turns out, everything looks basically the same and my old scar looks fine (probably not going to audition for any rear-end photo modeling roles...
  7. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    I actually looked at it again after my post, this time in a mirror as opposed to twisting my torso, and it's not nearly as bad as I thought
  8. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    Day 1 was without issue, other than over-tired kids and sunburn. My legs and low back are definitely sore this morning, but it's workout sore, not "uh oh" sore. I'm typically the workhorse for these trips, so it's kind of nice to let someone else do the heavy lifting (literally and...
  9. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    Got to the lake yesterday - the drive (about 3 hours) was fine, it was the getting up that was a problem, haha. We scouted out a good spot for today, which involved walking on some trails - I was very, very careful not to mis-step, and I think my wife nearly had a heart attack! But no issue...
  10. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    Haha @Mojo333 no, just working and stuff. I'm on my way to a lake trip for the weekend, but Mrs. Knows (and our family friends who are coming with us) have already lectured me about letting them do all the work. Nor will I be getting in the lake itself, unfortunately... No tubing for me, I'll...
  11. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    Took the dressings off today - the incisions look pretty gross, but in the same way any incision would. The mesh stuff spreads the scabs around, or so it seems. No redness or anything worrying. My wife wanted to see, then immediately regretted it, but I'm happy with how it looks (I mean, as...
  12. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    @Layla why would you ever let someone do that?! Crazy lady. I honestly forgot about the bruise again until I came on here. Things are nuts at work, in a kinda sorta good but also pretty stressful way. I miss taking afternoon naps, but those are gone for the foreseeable future. Physically, I'm...
  13. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    @CricketHip - well, the cane and being a partner, but I'll give credit to the cane... @Jaycey - I planned on starting to ease back into the office tomorrow (at least that's what I marked on my calendar), but something came up that I had to deal with... And then, since I felt mostly comfortable...
  14. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    Question for the hip replacement hive mind - is a mild to moderate bruise at the top of my calf normal around 3 weeks? I noticed it a week or so ago, then forgot about it until a coworker pointed it out to me today (in an industry where business casual is only barely acceptable, I'm walking...
  15. JoeKnows

    THR JoeKnows Recovery Thread - Round 2

    Haha he did not. If anything, it encouraged him. But now I have him trained to bring his ball to the side of my recliner so I can reach it without moving much, haha. My girls are back now, and exhausted him in short order. I just realized I once again haven't taken anything since early this...
Back
Top Bottom