Recent content by Joe33426

  1. Joe33426

    THR At home from outpatient THR surgery today!

    Just a quick update and a couple of question. Things are getting much better with my swelling and soreness and I’m feeling pretty good at three weeks post-op. My PT told me last week that I don’t need to be using my cane anymore, but when I read the OS instructions they say to use the...
  2. Joe33426

    THR At home from outpatient THR surgery today!

    The MLD techniques didn't seem to do much about the swelling and the stiffness and the swelling continued last weekend and I ended up cancelling PT on Monday. I think my body just needed time and patience. So, I called the OS office on Monday and they just said that I just need to give it...
  3. Joe33426

    THR At home from outpatient THR surgery today!

    @CricketHip and @Layla Thank you both so much! This is awesome information. I'm doing some internet searching on lymphatic massaging and I think that this could definitely help me. The swelling in my leg kind of looks like lymphedema and it's very firm to the touch. It's not hot to the...
  4. Joe33426

    THR At home from outpatient THR surgery today!

    Thanks @Mojo333 ! I had a feeling that I am just being a little impatient.
  5. Joe33426

    THR At home from outpatient THR surgery today!

    Good morning! I’m 5 days out and have a lot of swelling and stiffness in my hip. I’m icing, elevating, and don’t think I’m overdoing it. I’ve read a bunch of recovery posts and it seems that I’m progressing as expected, but I’m just wondering about all this stiffness and swelling in my...
  6. Joe33426

    THR At home from outpatient THR surgery today!

    Hi @Jaycey thanks for the message! At this point, I’m so glad I decided and stuck with having outpatient surgery. I felt so good the day of surgery. When I came out of surgery my head was so clear and by the time I was back in the recovery room, I was in very little pain and felt fantastic...
  7. Joe33426

    THR At home from outpatient THR surgery today!

    Hi Everyone, I had surgery this morning and I’m home now. Reported to hospital at 5:30 a.m. and was released around 12:30 p.m. Based on the great advice on the pre-op board, we decided not to do the hotel overnight last night or tonight. And so glad we stayed at home last night. Sitting...
  8. Joe33426

    THR Blood thinner management?

    Hi @Layla thanks for the well wishes. Everything went great today and just spoke to the nurse manager and she said that I now have clearance from anesthesia, so all that’s left is the covid test on Sunday. Thank you and everyone for all the support and guidance. I feel that I’m as prepared...
  9. Joe33426

    THR Blood thinner management?

    Hi PolarIce, Thanks for the message. Yes, had my appointment yesterday with a hematologist in FL and he gave me instructions when to stop and start my blood thinner. I was so relieved. My pre-op appointment is tomorrow afternoon at the hospital, so maybe they’ll mention something at this...
  10. Joe33426

    THR Blood thinner management?

    Thanks @Layla ! I'm feeling a little better now that I have an appointment next week. Hopefully everything will work out next week. I had an issue with my car yesterday too, so it's possible that that was contributing to my anxiety. I never anticipated asking my doc when to start and stop...
  11. Joe33426

    THR Blood thinner management?

    Everything has been moving along with my pre-op testing (echo, stress test, bloodwork, and chest x-ray) for my surgery on 7/8. My cardiologist and PCP sent clearance to surgeon’s office. I’m relatively healthy, although overweight. The only prescription I am on is a blood thinner due to a...
  12. Joe33426

    THR New to forum and having surgery on 7/8

    Hi Sapper-Ret, I bought a toilet seat riser too and also got one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H9NDLY2?tag=ate362da-20 I was going to install a grab bar by the toilet, but found this handrail instead and it's working out perfectly. I'm able to lower myself on and off of the toilet...
  13. Joe33426

    THR New to forum and having surgery on 7/8

    @JoeKnows I think that I might actually need this leg contraption as awful as it sounds! When @Layla posted a picture of the wedge, I'm thinking, okay maybe. I tried the leg pillow again last night. I woke up at 5:00 a.m. this morning and the pillow was next to my head. Didn't move it...
  14. Joe33426

    THR New to forum and having surgery on 7/8

    Thanks Jaycey! I have a firm cushion in my amazon cart and may just pull the trigger. It's either going to be the cushion or the risers. Both are relatively inexpensive solutions. Hi CricketHip! I'm also a little concerned about trying to lie flat in bed. I just can't imagine. I've...
  15. Joe33426

    THR New to forum and having surgery on 7/8

    Hi Elf1, thanks for the welcome. And happy 3 year hipaversary! I was just reading your recovery thread and that’s crazy about the surgery being cancelled at the last minute, but that led to you having surgery on 7/8. The number 8 is the luckiest number in Chinese numerology. I’m not...
Back
Top Bottom