Recent content by JoDeNaCaMo

  1. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR Clicking

    11 weeks in, also have clicking but it's not painful. For me, it clicks anytime I bend my knee, my surgeon mentioned it may click for the rest of my life. I barely notice it now - it's better than the "crunchy" sound my knee used to make before surgery - that was painful!
  2. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR 40 yr old mama's recovery journey<

    I sort of dropped out of sight on this forum - life got busy and I just didn't think of it - sorry about that! It's been 11 weeks since my TKR. I'm so incredibly glad I got it done. My left knee is now stronger than my right. I've been working on strengthening my leg muscles with yoga...
  3. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR 40 yr old mama's recovery journey<

    Thank you @Josephine , here you go! Question 1. Very little pain, some stiffness, some swelling (although it’s gone down since the surgery), some dull aching, which would put my number on 1 or 2. I don’t really call it pain, I call it uncomfortable-ness. 2. For pain: 50mg Tramadol every...
  4. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR 40 yr old mama's recovery journey<

    Thank you for your wise words Celle. It is difficult to find the right balance, especially when the energy level is so high. I should have been more specific in my last post, activities done with my children are in bed or the couch while my leg is elevated and iced as well as when I am...
  5. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR 40 yr old mama's recovery journey<

    I feel incredibly lucky. Since I'm feeling so good, I suppose my challenge will be to not overdo it. I took my first shower today and feel like one of these women selling shampoo in commercials :snork: . I had to go up a flight of 10 stairs, we took it slow and it went well. I have very...
  6. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR 40 yr old mama's recovery journey<

    I just slept 4 hours straight! It’s the most continuous sleep I’ve had since surgery. Pain is still on the low end, I can easily walk to the bathroom, otherwise I’m on continuous elevation and icing every hour or so. The swelling is medium - on par I think for a 4th day recovery. I think the...
  7. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR 40 yr old mama's recovery journey<

    Sure thing Josephine, I welcome any advice and help I can get!
  8. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR 40 yr old mama's recovery journey<

    Thank you everyone for your advice. Had a pretty rough night, my ice machine would load up with water which was too heavy on my knee and hurting my scar. Thankfully I was able to use my Father-in-law's old ice machine which is much lighter. My mom just took the kids to the art museum so I...
  9. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR 40 yr old mama's recovery journey<

    Hi everyone, I'm following up from my similarly titled thread in the Pre-Op section.... I am 40 yrs old (as the title suggests), I teach at a small liberal arts college and have 2 children aged 7 & 9. I had a surgery on my left knee when I was 15 yrs old that unfortunately resulted in a...
  10. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR on 40 yrs old mama

    Hi Pookims, Thank you so much for inquiring, I haven’t yet taken the time to figure out how to transfer this thread to the Post-op side... Surgery was successful, pain so far has been manageable although the nights are long... I can fully extend my knee, which I hadn’t been able to do in...
  11. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR on 40 yrs old mama

    Thank you everyone for your well wishes, I'll see you on the other side!
  12. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR on 40 yrs old mama

    Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. Thanks to your sound advice, my mom is staying with us to help out with the children and I've cleared my schedule until at least February. Wish me luck!
  13. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR on 40 yrs old mama

    Thank you for all the info KarriB . Although I'll be able to teach the class while sitting down with my leg elevated, as they are adults (supposedly... :wink:), but walking around campus will prove to be difficult.... and may need to find a replacement for the month of February. So much to...
  14. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR on 40 yrs old mama

    Thank you everyone, it's been a real eye opener as I read through some of the other threads. Looks like I have quite a bit of organizing to do to make recovery time as smooth as possible for everyone! Any tips will be welcomed! ie. house/bed/bathroom set up, do I really need a recliner...
  15. JoDeNaCaMo

    TKR on 40 yrs old mama

    Hi everyone, I just found this forum and thought I would introduce myself and ask a few questions. I am 40 yrs old (as the title suggests), I teach at a small liberal arts college and have 2 children aged 7 & 9. I had a surgery on my left knee when I was 15 yrs old that unfortunately...
Back
Top Bottom