Recent content by Jobiwan

  1. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    Hey guys!! Haven’t posted in a while. All is well and it’s now been over a yr since surgery. I have recently tried to start working out like I used to. But I do not have the range of motion needed to do certain exercises. I just wondered…will I ever be able to squat down to the floor or sit...
  2. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    Has anyone had a failed knee implant?? Just wondering what the symptoms are…
  3. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    Hey guys! Haven’t posted in a looong time. Things are going as expected. I’m 9 months post surgery now. I do have a concern though. My knee has been hurting for most of last week. And swollen. I am doing a bit more walking than I was. And this past week was kinda physically hard at work. But...
  4. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    Thank you guys soooo much for all the encouragement!! It really helps me feel I'm not alone in all this :console2:
  5. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    @Rollergirl46 yes thank you! I get so discouraged and now I'm worrying I wont gave a have a good ROM because my dr yesterday said I was "kinda" ok with mobility at this point. I'm walking on my own so I'm not sure what she meant (?) I stayed home today but I'm sitting here with it propped up...
  6. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    I just came from appt with my regular dr. Not the surgeon. She said I went back to work too early and she gave me excuse for the rest of this week to try and rest. I'm having quite a bit of pain. So maybe I should take her advice. I realize now I have been doing too much too soon. :unsure:
  7. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    Ok so...I wish I had never had this surgery!!!! I'm in pain, with every step, I guess its swollen, I really dont know. It wont bend. Laying down, if I try to bend it up it feels I'm gonna tear something inside it. I can barely do my job, clean my own house, and I cannot grocery shop for myself...
  8. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    Yea that's my job. I do space them out and ice but not nearly enough. I was doing so good and walking great. Now it seems I've regressed in my healing :sad:
  9. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    Admins can u change my title thread to Recovery after June 21 surgery or something like that?? Thanks.
  10. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    Not doing so well right now guys!! I'm having terrible pain at night. Mostly on outside of knee. Feels like tendons, ligaments, whatever (!!) hurting really bad. Cant walk that straight anymore. Am limping some. Havent been doing anything extra other than work (making beds, doing laundry...
  11. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    Thank u. Yes my other knee hurts also and will need replaced soon. And I thinking I will be a crippled 43 yr old if I get both done bc I'll never be able to move like i did. :sad:
  12. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    I do have an ice machine but I dont use it. I barely use ice packs unless it gets so swollen i cant handle it. I am getting really aggravated bc i cannot bend my knee like my other one, after just waking up! There should be no swelling right?? It dont look or feel swollen. It just wont bend like...
  13. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    Question: Is it normal for the tight band feeling to come and go?? It left for a couple weeks now seems to be coming back.
  14. J

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    Hey guys, just thought I'd update. Finishing up my 5th week post op. Knee still stiff. Swelling usually starts around 2 or 3 in the day. I can do stairs very slowly. Up is easier than down. Havent been icing as much as I should. Still some pain and aching at different times. Am really enjoying...
  15. J

    TKR LTKR recovery going smoothly

    @ihavetwins you were kayaking and paddleboarding 7 weeks post op?!? How in the world did you get your knee to bend so you could get in the kayak and other things??? I'm 5 weeks post OP and I cant bend mine without pain and bands of stiffness and barely over 90 ROM!!
Back
Top Bottom