Recent content by joanna

  1. joanna

    Friend 2 weeks post knee replacement

    Hi I know someone who had his knee replaced on the 10th September. He heard people tell him it would be 6 months before he was back to normal etc. but said, 'no, they're talking rubbish' he would be up and about in a few days no matter what. He thought he was good with pain but I think he's...
  2. joanna

    tattoos

    yes small is the plan - want a drawing of my dog somewhere eventually but thought I would start out with 2 words somewhere fleshy like my bum (very fleshy!)
  3. joanna

    tattoos

    How much does it hurt!?
  4. joanna

    tattoos

    Thanks very much for reassurance! Will be getting one next week!
  5. joanna

    tattoos

    Any reason not to get a tattoo if you have had 2 THRs?
  6. joanna

    New here

    I have my sofa on wooden blocks. 19" was the height they gave me so if you could raise it to 19" (depressed height if the cushions are squishy if you get my drift) might be OK. Mine's a big corner sofa and I spent much of the first week home reclining facing the telly. I wouldn't have wanted...
  7. joanna

    New here

    personally using both crutches - 3 wks but that would be my 'outing' for the day and I wouldn't do much else! I'm very lucky because I had my parents looking after me and no-one to look after no cooking, cleaning etc!
  8. joanna

    New here

    know that feeling! 7wks out from 2nd hip replacement I have more energy and feel younger than I have done in the last 5yrs. I was diagnosed with end stage oa with early protusio. Still looking for a 'reason' but perhaps there isn't one? children aren't something I know much about (I prefer...
  9. joanna

    THR Hips that don't match

    can't tell the difference! honestly I'm pretty happy - this one has probably been easier in lots of little ways. the surgeon actually lectures on the 'mechanical behaviour of materials' whatever that means so one would think he has an interest. will ask when i see him in 6 months.
  10. joanna

    New here

    wow another young person! I was in a ward with a 78 yr old and an 85 yr old - I think the hospital staff were more used to that age group, everyone commented on my age! Coming here it's not as uncommon as you would think. What lead to needing the replacement if you don't mind me asking? I have...
  11. joanna

    THR Hips that don't match

    Thanks for that Jaycey - I was actually thinking the opposite so nice to know!
  12. joanna

    THR Hips that don't match

    Not till October but I will ask.
  13. joanna

    THR Hips that don't match

    Oh thank you. Yes I didn't think so but I couldn't find the answer anywhere so I thought I better check. I still find it odd he opted for different materials both times - but I'll get over it! I actually think I like this one better.
  14. joanna

    THR Hips that don't match

    Hi... I posted something similar in a pre-op thread but haven't had an answer just wanted to check something. I've had 2 hip replacement the first one was ceramic on ceramic - the second one was metal, metal with plastic (polyethelene (sp?)) liner. I never asked the surgeon before (same guy...
  15. joanna

    Young and in Pain

    I am 33, I've had both hips done. My right hip the first one to go (not AVN as far as I know) went from looking completely healthy to totally destroyed in 18 months, I should have pushed for x-rays as I kept being fobbed off as well. I wish I could get a copy of my x-rays because the difference...
Back
Top Bottom