Recent content by Jo W

  1. J

    2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    Hi - my left knee TKR is scheduled for 18th April, feeling both terrified and excited at the same time
  2. J

    NHS V Private TKR

    Hi @denn Thanks for your encouraging words. I have just read your thread and your recovery seems to be going very well - keep up the good work. Hopefully once we get over these ops we will be able to get our BMI down further!! Jo x
  3. J

    NHS V Private TKR

    Hi @robhunt3 great to hear that you are recovering well from your TKR and to know that someone else has had a good experience with Paul Allen. I am a complete wimp when it comes to hospitals and doctors and very nervous about the spinal and would much prefer a general and to wake up when it’s...
  4. J

    TKR Crunching noise!

    Hi - can't tell you how happy your post made me feel - am crying happy tears. I have had similar issues first being told I was too young at around 47, then told my BMI was too high and ended up have gastric surgery to sort this out. I am now booked in to have my knee done next month, also by a...
  5. J

    NHS V Private TKR

    Hi Roy I can imagine the effect that would have on the parking. I live in Chingford but have spent lots of time around that area as my daughters used to go to Braeside School.
  6. J

    NHS V Private TKR

    Hi Josephine Saw Paul Allen last week, he is indeed very nice and is doing my surgery on the 18 th April. He does remember you!! Thank you so much for the recommendation xxx
  7. J

    NHS V Private TKR

    Hi Ladies Thank you so much for your help, I have looked online at Paul Allen and have decided to ask my GP for a referral to see him. I will let you know how I get on.
  8. J

    NHS V Private TKR

    Hi Jaycey I have been told a BMI of 40 or less by both private and NHS. I have seen Mr Soni at Homerton Hospital London and also Mr McAuliffe at the Holly in Essex, but at this stage could go elsewhere. I am feeling quite confused about how I should ensure that I am seeing a good surgeon.
  9. J

    NHS V Private TKR

    Hi - I am based in London and hoping to have a Left TKR within the next few months after having struggled to get my BMI down to an acceptable level. I have been told (by someone who has had both knees replaced in the last 18 months) that if my TKR is done privately then I will receive a "better"...
Back
Top Bottom