Recent content by Jo Champagne

  1. J

    THR Always worrying!

    Thank you @Layla and a Great Christmas to you too! Always helps with such a positive reply.
  2. J

    THR Always worrying!

    Hi everyone! All going well some 8 months after my right hip replacement. Just come back from a break away and did a long walk which ended in my leg (no hip pain) aching in a muscular way up the leg and buttock. I had to keep stopping to give it a rest. I want to stress there is no pain but just...
  3. J

    THR Always worrying!

    Thank you everyone for your support. It has really helped!
  4. J

    THR Always worrying!

    Hi all...would appreciate thoughts on this...no pain at all and all healing good. My main issue at the moment is that I ache! Especially after sitting down at work and then when I get up after sitting at home, I feel I limp a bit until I get going! I can’t remember the achy feeling from last...
  5. J

    THR Always worrying!

    Thank you @SE Florida and @Layla for your support!
  6. J

    THR Always worrying!

    Just wanted to mention that whilst all pain has gone at 9 and a half weeks, I am experiencing stiffness. I take a few moments to get moving and then I can walk reasonably ok. I walked a little too far round the shops yesterday, and it is amazing without the osteo pain, but the stiffness is a...
  7. J

    THR Always worrying!

    Just seen my consultant who has discharged me and doesn’t want to see me for 8 years! I asked about the clicking and he said it is nothing to worry about! Nor is the aching etc. Looking at pre-op xray, my spine had slight curvature which now looks better. Also, think I am an inch taller which is...
  8. J

    THR Always worrying!

    Thank you for your input @SE Florida and @Layla. So appreciated and of comfort!
  9. J

    THR Always worrying!

    Hello all I last was on BoneSmart after my left THR in 2015 and cannot thank you all enough for the tremendous support given. Almost 4 years later, on 8th April this year (8 weeks ago today), I had my right THR. This has been successful and was carried out by the same surgeon. Over the last...
  10. J

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    Thinking of you and wishing you well @copsham.
  11. J

    THR Officially a hippie!

    Thank you @Jaycey! What would I do without this forum? I feel so supported and reassured every time I post here.
  12. J

    THR Officially a hippie!

    Good evening everyone! Well, I survived my first week at work...yippee! Couple of issues, sitting in my office chair all day certainly makes me stiff, so as I first stand up I have to get myself together for the first step or so, so I don't limp, but then I am fine! Also, start of week 2 at...
  13. J

    THR Officially a hippie!

    I am going back full-time @Jaycey...luckily my job is not physical...I couldn't really afford any more time off work, so will be sensible and not rush around...my husband is off next week too, so he said I can come straight in from work and rest whilst he cooks dinner! Hopefully this plan will...
  14. J

    THR Officially a hippie!

    Just thought I would 'check in' with everyone to say at 10 weeks post op I am returning to work tomorrow. For the last couple of weeks I have been quite comfortable about the return, but today I really don't want to go back ...although I do believe it will be good to be distracted and have some...
  15. J

    THR Officially a hippie!

    What I am loving at the moment is the continual support found here, especially checking and finding yet another supportive comment that makes me feel I am definitely not alone!
Back
Top Bottom