Recent content by Jo Brook

  1. J

    TKR Nighttime Cramp/Spasm<

    I also have a magnesium oil spray which works immediately . Try it ! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. J

    TKR Nighttime Cramp/Spasm<

    I had a TKR December 2017 and I followed the advice given by BoneSmart. I never thought at first it could get better but following the pain med chart and NOT going with a pysio until the swelling had gone down last month I got the all clear from my specialist and at a party last week was...
  3. J

    TKR left done on 12 December 2016

    The specialist says that where they pull the ligaments and tendons to one side whilst they are doing the operation. I have inflamed ligaments he thinks I have been doing too much. Gave me a steroid injection and said it would be ok but after a week of rest, ice , not that good so went to see...
  4. J

    TKR left done on 12 December 2016

    Thanks for enlightening me. I did mean review. Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  5. J

    TKR left done on 12 December 2016

    Operation done 12th December 2016 TKR left Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. J

    TKR left done on 12 December 2016

    Yesterday went for second revision - I had been getting on so well and was so pleased but 3 weeks ago woke up with swelling and pain below my new knee. I rested it and was - back to Paracetamol and occasional Tramadol. The real problem was when I got up from sitting down and the initial step I...
  7. J

    TKR Highlander's New Knee

    Without your advice I would not have succeeded as well as I have. Everyone keeps on about doing exercises but my knee was so swollen there was nowhere for it to be able to bend. Best advice ever !!!!! Thanks Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  8. J

    TKR Highlander's New Knee

    I followed the pain control chart with Tramadol and Paracetamol without this I was in agony. I live in Spain and they told me to just take Paracetamol 3 times a day and this did not touch it. I read the articles advised. And slowed the PT and waited for the swelling to go down using mess...
  9. J

    TKR left done on 12 December 2016

    17 January - today went for my 1st revision. Specialist was extremely pleased with everything, my knee bend, the way I walk and the X Rays - also I now have no pain just a bit of swelling. I have increased the exercises now the main inflammation has gone. I followed your advice which has...
  10. J

    TKR left done on 12 December 2016

    I have seen on the forum about. Scar tissue- when I had major surgery a few years ago when the wound was healed I used Smith & Nephew silicone sheets which were self adhesive "Cica-care". You can only see a small line with no lumps. It is expensive though and intend to use it when fully...
  11. J

    TKR left done on 12 December 2016

    Thank you for your help and support it is nice to know there are people who can help me and others Merry Christmas xx Sent from my iPhone
  12. J

    TKR left done on 12 December 2016

    I Have kept to the Paracetamol & Tramadol schedule 2 and the relief it has give me is marvellous. I did up the nighttime Tramadol and have had 2 good nights sleep. I feel happier since I joined the forum and no longer feel on my own. Sent from my iPhone
  13. J

    TKR left done on 12 December 2016

    Thanks Sent from my iPhone
  14. J

    TKR left done on 12 December 2016

    I live in Spain so things are different, over Christmas only way to see a doctor is at hospital emergency department. That is why I am trying to use all your experiences to manage this pain. Thank you for the chart. I will op my dose in the absence of professional help. Sent from my iPhone
Back
Top Bottom