Unfortunately, we travel (full time RVers) and am not sure where I will be long enough to see an ortho. As soon as I know, I will give Jamie my current zip. Can avn have reoccurring effects? I appreciate all the help you are providing. Thank you.
The ortho called it a revision since I have a long spike and lots of additional metal. I have been tested numerous times for infection with negative results. I am not longer in the area where I had my surgery so a new ortho looks to be in my future.
My original thread has been closed so I am starting a new one. I had a right TRK (revision, first surgery) on 16 Jan 2016. My knee is so darned painful. Ortho says there is nothing wrong but I believe it is more painful than before surgery which was due to avascular necrosis, not arthritis...
Mine has a stiff feeling all the time. It feels like it will not bend but of course it does. The ortho says he cannot relate because he has not had a knee replacement but it is a complaint he had not heard before. The stiff feeling is in addition to the numbness over most of my knee area...
Finally looks like my knee is getting better after more than a year. When I had my second round of PT this past Jan/Feb, the therapist found some adhesions in several places around my knee. Two were on the IT band on the outside of my knee and one was below the knee cap on the inside of my...
Some of the staples just sting a little when being removed. Sleeping is just hard for a while especially if you are a side sleeper. Range of motion takes time generally because your knee is so swelled. Make sure you eat if you can. I lost quite a bit of weight because I would not eat and it...
The deep massage ended up being very helpful. Seems I had an adhesion and now that it has been broken loose, the pain in that area has diminished greatly. I still have the stiff feeling but the implant is not loose and my gait is normal. I do have bursitis so maybe the ortho will take care of...
So on the recommendation of the ortho, I have started physical therapy again because of a vise like feeling on the top of my replacement knee. He diagnosed it as patellofemoral disorder. I have been going to PT for a couple of weeks with no visible relief. I have a very small, about 2 inches...
Ortho appointment yesterday and thankfully, I did not have an infection. I do have bursitis and patellofemoral pain syndrome and physical therapy was prescribed. It is a big relief that I do not have to have more surgery. Not sure what caused this because overuse is not an issue. Knee just...
Sorry no copy of the X-ray. The ortho said the lumenscent line was not there in previous X-rays. I was not shown the X-rays. Really do not see much info about this in line either.
Do you know any other info about the luminescent line on my X-ray between the tibia and the new knee?
The existing long spike is not removed and replaced is it?
So I had an appointment with the ortho this week and there does appear to be something wrong. It is just way too painful after a year and the pain is mostly in the joint itself. I have bursitis on the I left side of the right (TKR) knee and my X-rays show a luminescent line between the implant...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.