Recent content by Jlawless

  1. Jlawless

    Bilateral TKR Pre-Lude to Jenny's Knee Recovery Saga

    @jenzabel Hi! Wanted to reach out because I too am in my forties. I was 43 when I had my right TKR ( thank god I found BoneSmart when I had the first one done) and 4 weeks ago, at 45- just had left knee replaced. One of the things that really has been upsetting to me is when people freak out...
  2. Jlawless

    TKR Two hour ride home day after TKR

    @Rhodyrhody I’m sorry you had a similar negative pain pill experience. I guess it’s more common than I knew. You are amazing! I got another pain med - hydrocodone that I am not allergic too -ASAP. I can’t imagine not having a pain pill. I have had 2 days when I had to go off the first pill and...
  3. Jlawless

    TKR Two hour ride home day after TKR

    @Desertgal Hi there :). Actually it was just one night with uninterrupted sleep- unfortunately with no reoccurrence so far. I was hopeful -maybe it was the start of good sleep but no- still up a lot at night and napping a lot. I am on hydrocodone now which I am not allergic too. Yay! I keep...
  4. Jlawless

    TKR Two hour ride home day after TKR

    Just an update. 3 weeks out from surgery- slept through the night for the first time! What a wonderful feeling!
  5. Jlawless

    TKR Two hour ride home day after TKR

    @Josephine It was Oxycodone. It must have been that as my hives have gone away. What an extra difficulty. Ugh!
  6. Jlawless

    TKR Two hour ride home day after TKR

    Thanks @NavyGunns !! I have been looking on the Bone Smart site and it seems not totally uncommon. I’m shocked that a pill I’ve been taking for 2 weeks suddenly gives me hives. I thought TKR is tough... this is next level. Pain and itchiness combined. Also everything swollen up- eyes etc...
  7. Jlawless

    TKR Two hour ride home day after TKR

    @jenzabel Thank you for your response. It’s so great to read stuff on bonesmart and be reminded- oh yeah - this is hard!! Sounds like your recovery is going well. :flwrysmile: I broke out in hives all over my body yesterday. Went to urgent care today. They gave me a steroid shot and told me to...
  8. Jlawless

    TKR Two hour ride home day after TKR

    @sistersinhim Thank you for sharing your story. It’s so wonderful to have this forum and see that - hey- these are all typical patterns when recovering from this surgery. It sure helps me feel less alone and scared when I see that even the non clinical/ emotional side is a normal part of it all...
  9. Jlawless

    TKR Two hour ride home day after TKR

    Love everyone’s comments! So many super people on Bone Smart!! Today was officially 1 week since surgery- Yahoo! However craziest TKR experience yet - brought on by myself! Let me set the stage; It was my second outpatient PT appointment today which I was nervous about. The first one was ok...
  10. Jlawless

    TKR Two hour ride home day after TKR

    @NavyGunns It was so great to hear things from a mans point of view. Thank you so much for your feedback. When you said after surgery your wife could be the "...most demanding, moody person I’ve ever met (still love her dearly though). " I did laugh out loud! Apparently she and I have this in...
  11. Jlawless

    TKR Two hour ride home day after TKR

    Ok awesome Bonesmarties... This is a new one from left field!! My husband burst into tears today - I've probably seen him cry 5 times in 15 years- because he feels so overwhelmed caregiving. He took care of me after my 1st TKR two years ago. It was much more difficult and he had no issues at...
  12. Jlawless

    2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?

    @bsreaves Hi there, You are in the perfect place. You can type any and every question you have into the search bar and find all kinds of great articles and posts that are pertinent to you. Best of luck on your surgery.
  13. Jlawless

    2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?

    @clpankau Cathy- Thank you for your kind post. I was much more nervous this time than with 1st TKR - but it's actually gone MUCH better. Not sure if I just knew what to excpect so wasn't shocked by the process or because they used robot this time? Not sure but can say it's going as well as...
  14. Jlawless

    TKR Two hour ride home day after TKR

    Thank you @yesyvonne and @Dizzy Despite having been through it all 2 years ago and despite reading up on Bonesmart in advance- I was still caught off guard by the pain. So hopeful that my recollections of first time- first week the hardest- are correct. Thank you both for the great reminders. I...
  15. Jlawless

    TKR Two hour ride home day after TKR

    Had a super surgery- my second- and it went much smoother I think because I knew what to expect. However we now live 2 hours away and ride home has made my knee immobile. I’m exaggerating slightly. I have been up three times to restroom. But much stiffer than at lovely hospital. Any reminders/...
Back
Top Bottom