Recent content by JJT

  1. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    I'm convinced my knee hates me. :loll: I was trucking along. PT going well, ROM progressing and still no explanation as to why the calf pain. I had an Orthopedic Ultrasound looking for damaged tendons or ligaments which showed nothing. Pain unexplained. Possible strain. It does affect my...
  2. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    Went for the check up today. It was great. Doc said he didn't think the calf pain was a DVT but he'd be remiss by not ordering an ultrasound. I went right away and it was negative. He said to keep stretching and easing it out. We talked ROM. I showed him my card with all of the...
  3. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    I thought of that but I don't have any warmth, redness or swelling. My calf is also very soft and doesn't hurt to press on it. I will clear it with the doctor to make sure but I'm not having symptoms of a DVT.
  4. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    One more thing and maybe some help to someone else. I had great leg raise strength coming out of surgery. Knee straightening while raising foot, good to go. Home run. Day 3, I woke up and all of it was gone. My quad muscles would not fire at all. I started doing side raises and progressed...
  5. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    Thank you so much for the support. It keeps me going. Two weeks out and what a difference. I have upper calf pain which gets in the way of bending my knee but I'm continuing to work through it and will talk to the doc tomorrow at my follow up. It's not the pain I had before but something...
  6. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    Second PT visit today. 109 passive bend. 6 straightening. (I did not take pain medication before going) My instructions are to work only on straightening until Thursday's PT appointment. Absolute record for me. Highest previously was 95 and that was really pushing it and couldn't keep it...
  7. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    Thank you for the great support. My knee is stiff today and my muscles are screaming. The difference is I know it's the muscles and I am more than okay with that. I have a very black bruise on my thigh that is the size of a salad plate. PT check it out and it's fine and has softened quite a...
  8. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    A year and 5 months out. The VA is so slow. I was finally approved to go to Vanderbilt University and since November 2023 have had a series of workups to rule out infection, implant issues and cancer. Negative on all three. I saw two surgeons during this time and on 2/14, had arthroscopic...
  9. J

    TKR 21 weeks on - still only 90 degree bend

    I've had an MUA. To each his own but I wish I hadn't done it. I did it out of fear. I came out of the MUA having lost ground but with determination not to be in that place again. I had PT and a Doctor that kept measuring and pushing working out three times a day for 30 minutes. I did it but...
  10. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    Thank you all for such kind words. It is so much easier knowing I'm not dealing with this alone.
  11. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    An update almost 11 months out. In February after seeing my surgeon again for follow up, I complained about level 7-8 in the back of my knee. He informed me that he didn't touch the back of my knee during surgery and my lack of bend was due to my not working hard enough in PT, my replacement...
  12. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    PT said it was causing fluid to rush to the area causing further stiffness.
  13. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    Thank you for all of the replies. I am going to stop the PT and rest my leg. I do think that I'm very much over doing it and when that's not working, I have no choice but to do the opposite. I've wanted to just live life for awhile now because the stress is getting to be too much but the fear...
  14. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    My MUA was 11/22/2022
  15. J

    TKR On the road to recovery finally.

    I need advice. I agreed to the MUA. The surgeon said he easily got me to 115. He did not press further. I came out and immediately went to PT the next day. I was at 93. Everyday for two weeks, PT where I slid back to 86 and very slowly went to 95 max and 9 extension over the next several...
Back
Top Bottom