Recent content by jimmy1956

  1. J

    TLKR Tomorrow, My Second

    17 days out. Finally off the Oxy IR. Been about 30 hours since I took any. More mental than anything else I'm thinking the last few days. Just taking tylenol, and aleve as needed, no regular clock schedule. No PT till Monday so I can recover a little bit, do my in home exercises and take my...
  2. J

    TLKR Tomorrow, My Second

    15 days out. Just got back form PT. ROM is 131. They and I are very pleased. Getting my staples out early this afternoon. Should be able to drive after that. Life is good!!
  3. J

    TLKR Tomorrow, My Second

    Two weeks out as of today. Walking up to 1/2 mile now the last couple of days. Using the peas after that. PT every other day. Get my staples out tomorrow. Pain is okay. Up and down as expected, at least by me. Plan to start driving tomorrow. The other knee is about 4 months out now. It's doing...
  4. J

    TLKR Tomorrow, My Second

    Morning Everyone. Started to imlement my walking routine yesterday. Not far maybe a 1/4 mile. No cane or walker. I carry a cane because of the ice and snow around here. I'm nine days out from the procedure. Was no real pain afterwards. Of course I did the peas and elevate thing. Going to walk on...
  5. J

    TKR LTKR 9 weeks out

    One day at a time. Glad things are progressing!
  6. J

    TKR Cindy's new knee

    Sounds like things went really well. One day at a time. It does feel good to get all cleaned up after the procedure. Lifts the spirits as well.
  7. J

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Hang in there. One day at a time. Hard when things hurt.
  8. J

    TKR Medication

    I'm eight days out and not taking the Oxy IR anymore except for PT. And then it's more of a mind thing. I just take regular Advil, and Tylenol when needed.
  9. J

    TKR My new knee

    Sounds good!
  10. J

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    Hang in there it gets better one day at a time.
  11. J

    TLKR Tomorrow, My Second

    Morning and Thanks. As to pain managment I came home with Oxycodone IR and I started taking that every four hours. As of this morning I am weaning myself off. I also take ALEVE and Tylenol to help reduce the swelling. I take asprin (325mg) as the blood thinner per the surgeon. I use the...
  12. J

    TLKR Tomorrow, My Second

    I was driving after two weeks with my first TKR if that is what you meant. Not driving yet on this one.
  13. J

    TLKR Tomorrow, My Second

    Hi, I'm not driving. Did not mean to give that inpression if I did.
  14. J

    TLKR Tomorrow, My Second

    Morning all, TLKR went very well. Replacement done on Wenesday, 1/22, home by Friday afternoon 1/24. No problems to date. No longer using a walker or cane around the house. Using cane outside due to ice and snow. Went to my first out patient PT session yesterday. Went very well. Those folks do...
  15. J

    TLKR Tomorrow, My Second

    Hi everyone! I'm having my left knee done tomorrow. Had my right knee done on 10/9/13. That one went really good. I was back at work in three weeks, driving in two. Had five weeks of PT then they cut me lose. Had a ROM of 135. I'm 57 years old and was really active in my youth hence the ware...
Back
Top Bottom