Recent content by jgmurrayaf

  1. jgmurrayaf

    Bilateral THR I've got to get well: 34-year-old mother of four.

    My before and after. Dr said it looked ever worse, once he got inside. It's miraculous.
  2. jgmurrayaf

    Bilateral THR I've got to get well: 34-year-old mother of four.

    I'm feeling really well. I'm no longer using walking aids. My staples were taken out at ten days, and my steri-strips came off today. I recently did dishes and folded laundry, and it felt so good to do something for my family. I've really not been able to for nearly four months. I'm still tired...
  3. jgmurrayaf

    Bilateral THR I've got to get well: 34-year-old mother of four.

    So, five days out: I came home day three. I'm on crutches, not being brave. I just find the walker awkward. I was also on crutches for three months prior to surgery; they're comfortable. I am fighting fatigue, but am blessed to be able to rest as needed. My boys are being well-cared-for, of...
  4. jgmurrayaf

    Bilateral THR I've got to get well: 34-year-old mother of four.

    I had really low blood pressure, so I had to stay in recovery a long time. I only lost 450cc's of blood. Was under about 3 1/2 hours. Do not remember a thing. Woke up super-comfortable. In my room now. Had a pain level of about 5 about an hour ago, but took a half dose of oxy. Took a few steps...
  5. jgmurrayaf

    Bilateral THR I've got to get well: 34-year-old mother of four.

    Well, I'm done, and I feel great. My muscles are sore and kind of stretched . . . I'll post more when I'm a little more lucid. Thank y'all for being there for me.
  6. jgmurrayaf

    Bilateral THR jcc314 Recovery Thread

    Just wondering how you are doing now.
  7. jgmurrayaf

    I've got to get well: 34-year-old mother of four.

    You guys are great. I am healthy and pretty active, with the exception of the past three months. I read somewhere that: post-surgery, I'll only be getting better--instead of worse. That gave me so much hope. I kind of feel like the closer it gets, though, the harder everything seems; like...
  8. jgmurrayaf

    I've got to get well: 34-year-old mother of four.

    Wow, thanks for your responses, information, and kind encouragement. It's great to be here. My boys will actually be at my parents' for the summer, which is such a blessing. I am excited to not hurt; I've never experienced that. I am just filled with anxiety over waking up and everything I...
  9. jgmurrayaf

    I've got to get well: 34-year-old mother of four.

    Hi. I'm scheduled for bilateral thr (anterior) the 19th, so one week from today. I'm just so nervous. I know how successful these surgeries are, so I'm not really afraid of that. I just have to get back to life. I'm only 34 years old. I'm a teacher, and school starts back the end of...
  10. jgmurrayaf

    2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    I am scheduled for a bilateral thr (anterior) June 19th. I'm very nervous.
Back
Top Bottom