Recent content by jg31919

  1. jg31919

    TKR Second tkr, now both are new

    I just had my 2 week post op. This knee has been very different than my right knee that I had replaced in March. My left knee has actually been easier, I don’t know if it is because I have been through this before and know what to expect and I’m not as fearful about how long this will take or...
  2. jg31919

    TKR Second tkr, now both are new

    Hi, tkr, left knee yesterday. My right knee was replaced 3/19/19. No questions yet, but wanted to get started on the forum.
  3. jg31919

    TKR JG's new knee

    I am looking for some feedback from the March 2019 tkr group or people who are about 8-9 weeks post surgery like me. I think I am doing well, but how do you know? Wondering how you are doing, how much you are doing, challenges etc. I am off pain meds, Aleve and Tylenol only. Sleeping better most...
  4. jg31919

    TKR JG's new knee

    I am trying to wean off tramadol and wondering if the withdrawal issues are bad if I have only been taking for 5 weeks? Any tips for tapering off?
  5. jg31919

    TKR JG's new knee

    Has anyone had trouble with incision irritation trying to find something to wear that does not rub on it? I am in Colorado and shorts or skirts are not an option yet because it is cold.
  6. jg31919

    TKR JG's new knee

    So...I think I really over did it today. I decided to go to the grocery store (4.5 weeks post surgery). I was ok’d to walk outside as tolerated so thought this would be comparable. Now I am swollen, skin is warm to the touch, hurts more and my range of flexion is much less. I tried to do some pt...
  7. jg31919

    TKR JG's new knee

    I tried the Saran Wrap, didn’t like the feel of it but I cut the leg off of a pair of leggings to cover my knee at night. The fit is snug but not compression like. This helps. 4.5 weeks out, sleeping about 50% of the night well, then the leg aches start ☹️
  8. jg31919

    TKR JG's new knee

    I am 4.5 weeks post tkr and also have a knot on my upper thigh. I massage it every night because it just aches. I have started some myofascial release therapy and have gotten some relief. Also, have lost 7 lbs due to pain meds and less appetite.
  9. jg31919

    TKR JG's new knee

    Hi, first post as a new sleep deprived member. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks post surgery, really having trouble sleeping at night, not because of knee pain but the constant ache in my calf, quad and hamstring muscles. I find if I wear the compression sleeve it helps with the creepy nerve pain that...
  10. jg31919

    Welcome to the March Musketeers' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    Please add me to the March TKR post op page. My surgery date was 3/19/19. So glad to have found this forum!
Back
Top Bottom