Recent content by Jessiesnana

  1. Jessiesnana

    TKR Is slight pain new norm

    Yes, Hi benne68 --I have not been back to see the surgeon. I just had an xray done that my primary doctor said looked normal and if I still had pain to go see the surgeon -- will be making an appointment to see him. -- no I have not sought a second opinion. The surgeon who did my hip...
  2. Jessiesnana

    TKR Is slight pain new norm

    Hi my name is Brenda and I had a TKR right knee using the ROSA robotic knee replacement. My surgery was august 4,2020. I had also had left hip replaced in early January 2020 and the hip went well. I had different surgeons and the prep and education of the hip replacement was very inclusive and...
  3. Jessiesnana

    TKR 9 months post op

    Yes it’ll be 9 months on May 6 and I still have pain on outside of knee with numbness down leg about 4 inches. My leg feels heavy and tightness around knee. Still difficult to climb stairs or use step ladder. I had a lot of trouble with inflammation and have gone back to taking 400 mg of Advil...
  4. Jessiesnana

    TKR 9 months post op

    Hi. Can someone change the title of my thread to jessiesnana’s aug 4,2020 TKR Thank you in advance
  5. Jessiesnana

    TKR 9 months post op

    Thanks Celle. It’s scary. Dr spoke with PT and has written prescription for compression socks and he has contacted dr for a nerve block injection which should help with pain and swelling. He does not want to do MUA. Which is fine with me. It was good day to go into dr because it was bad day fir...
  6. Jessiesnana

    TKR 9 months post op

    Yes at least twice a day usually after activity and then at end of day
  7. Jessiesnana

    TKR 9 months post op

    Back again after 2 weeks. now at 12 weeks or 3 months post op. I like new PT. He is gentler but has made comments about possibly being able to do more if i had started earlier with him. Wants me on 3 advil (600 mg) every 8 hrs to fight inflammation. Also still taking 1 norco at bedtime. Knee is...
  8. Jessiesnana

    TKR 9 months post op

    So I called my dr as recommended by PT last Monday and on Tuesday his office called wanting me to come in on Thursday. I was very nervous in anticipation of what he might say about MUA. Well on Thursday he shook his head in regard to MUA asked me about PT. Saying maybe they were pushing too...
  9. Jessiesnana

    TKR 9 months post op

    What pillow do u use
  10. Jessiesnana

    TKR 9 months post op

    When sitting at night i am in a recliner so feet off floor. Elevating for 10 min Is me on my back and leg up for toes above nose ( it’s painful to do longer but i will try extending to 15 min) this I usually do after an activity such as a walk or exercising
  11. Jessiesnana

    TKR 9 months post op

    Today at PT I rode bike for 10 min (first 2 min were spent rocking). Then 10 toilet seat lunges. Then spoke with My PT and told her that I was concerned that my therapy was not helping because day after therapy sessions i was in pain and had swelling and painful to walk or do exercises. She said...
  12. Jessiesnana

    TKR 9 months post op

    Did u have stiff knee at all
  13. Jessiesnana

    TKR 9 months post op

    I’m just not sure what my day should look like. Do I exercise or take it easy. If I’m on my feet I’m limping and it hurts to sit and bend my knee
  14. Jessiesnana

    TKR 9 months post op

    Had knee replacement surgery August 4 using robotic assistance for doctor. I am now 9 weeks out and knee is swollen painful and very stiff. PT has raised concern about ROM and has been pushing (forcing) knee bend during heel slides. Getting a 108 with help from PT. Have read on here that this...
  15. Jessiesnana

    Welcome to the August Hotshots' 2020 Knee Recovery Club

    How does this site work. I had knee replacement August 4 2020
Back
Top Bottom