Recent content by Jessi’snujoint

  1. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    Hi @eliza61nyc! You’re right... what is normal?! No such thing! Lol I suppose if the stiffness encourages me to exercise for the rest of my life, then it’s doing me a favor, lol. :bicycle1:
  2. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    Update on my recovery. I’m excited to say that after reducing my exercises (mainly by reducing number of repetitions, and stopping at the point when I felt I’d gotten the full benefit of the stretch, and didn’t need to keep pushing it) for the last week, that not only have my exercises been more...
  3. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    Haha, yes, I’ve lost 10 Lbs. since surgery. The only upside so far!:happydance: My poor dear husband temporarily moved to the guest bedroom too, because I’m up throughout the night!
  4. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    @NewToMe @TheSloth @Sara61 I have experienced all the same things! Agh. I think that’s also why I have trouble sleeping, because my knee gets uncomfortable if I don’t move it! It is hard to tolerate elevating and icing for long periods, because it makes my knee even more stiff, and harder to...
  5. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    Is it “normal” at 12 weeks post-op to still have a lot of stiffness in the knee, and frequent low pain (maybe a 1-2, on a scale)? I do gentle exercises throughout the day to try and keep it loose and stretched, but it’s always stiff.
  6. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    My first therapist (the one who pushed and bent me til I screamed) had me kneel on a pillow and hold it for 5 minutes. However, when I switched therapists, my new one said to absolutely NOT do that, (at this point) because of the amount of pressure it put on my joint! (I still have swelling and...
  7. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    Sara61, I too get sore doing a few extensions stretches. How long ago was your surgery? Sitting on the floor is something I didn’t even attempt until about week 7, I think! It is quite entertaining to those around me, because I inch my way down, and to get up, I crawl up the side of furniture...
  8. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    Thank you Sistersinhim! I was a little frustrated because if I sit and extend my leg on the floor or something, I can get it all the way straight, but when I walk or stand freely, I guess it don’t have the muscle power to push it back all the way? I don’t want to develop a habit of walking...
  9. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    Thank you, Celle! I will practice that! I do try, but it’s like I can’t get it to straighten all the way. Will keep plugging away at it, and hopefully I’ll get it!
  10. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced difficulty straightening their leg while walking, even though they have achieved good extension? I’m almost 12 weeks post-op. My extension is 0-2 when I lightly stretch it first. However, for weeks now, when I walk, I just can’t get it to fully...
  11. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    Maria 535 and Freddie88, thank you for the encouragement, and I wish you both a good continued recovery!! I keep reminding myself that also... it’s a long road, but it’s not forever!
  12. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    Thank you so much for all the encouragement! I sure wish I’d found Bonesmart before my surgery! It’s really good to see those specific examples of ROM increases over long periods of time. Although it’s hard to see it now, I look forward to a day when I don’t think about my knee constantly! I’ll...
  13. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    Thank you, Jockette! I am happy to hear you’ve had continued ROM even past two years- that’s so great! I have wondered if my current numbers are indicative of being permanently behind. My PT reports and my doc describe me as “slow to progress”, and that isn’t encouraging to hear. But I’m glad...
  14. Jessi’snujoint

    TKR Difficulty straightening leg while walking

    Hello all! This is my first post since discovering Bonesmart a few weeks ago. I’m so thankful I’ve been able to read of other’s experiences, and to know that many people have had a difficult/slow recovery so I’m not alone. I had my RTKA on September 4, 2019, at 39 years old, due to bone on bone...
Back
Top Bottom