Recent content by jes

  1. jes

    PKR 4½ months Bilateral PKR update

    I haven't visited this site for quite a while! But I visited today to read up on "creaking noises" in my knees particularly after exercising in the gym. I can relax now after reading that the creaking (without pain) is really quite normal. My doc encourages cycling, swimming and weight...
  2. jes

    PKR [BILATERAL] This is Jes. I made it to "the other side"

    Hi again, Just made it home and up 3 flights of stairs. It was slow bot not painful. I used a cane. It turned out I may not the walker but I brought it home anyway. The insurance deductible was $100 no matter how much equipment I bought so I have the riser for the toilet, the walker and a cane...
  3. jes

    PKR [BILATERAL] This is Jes. I made it to "the other side"

    Many thanks for all the encouragement. I don't know why there is TKR nest to my name. I had bilateral partial knee replacements. My recovery has been noticeable day by day. The Trazadon does the trick and I don' t have that doopey feeling. I have little appetite, slight nausea, slight headache...
  4. jes

    PKR [BILATERAL] This is Jes. I made it to "the other side"

    Hi everyone. Sorry to get back to you so late. I couldn't find a way to use my smart phone to get onto the site. Bt my husband brought in the laptop tonight. They had me up walking pretty soon and i must admit each day does get a little better. I'm still not sure if I'm going to rehab or home...
  5. jes

    Bilateral TKR dinah's emerged! let the healing begin!

    So happy to know the surgery went well. You sound great. I can't wait till Sept. 5th. Ready to be done with this pain (been icing all day) and on the road to recovery. I have looked forward to your post ALL DAY! Finally figured out how to find it! Best, jes
  6. jes

    Sept. 5th is the day ... bilateral partial knee replacements

    Ditzy Dinah, Just want you to know I am thinking of you today. Best of luck with the surgery. I look forward to exchanging notes. --Janie
  7. jes

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

    Please add me to the September list. My surgery is September 5th. I look forward to sharing recovery stories with you all!
  8. jes

    Sept. 5th is the day ... bilateral partial knee replacements

    So much encouragement and advice. I love it! I look forward to posting my recovery. I live in a condo, still damaged from Superstorm Sandy, and so we are going from one daunting event to another in some respects! I live on the 3rd and 4th floors and can choose to sleep in my own bed (on the 4th)...
  9. jes

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

    Please add me to the September list. I will have bilateral partial knee replacements on September 5th. Thanks! I look forward to this forum.
  10. jes

    Sept. 5th is the day ... bilateral partial knee replacements

    Thanks so much for the encouragement. I think what worries me the most is NOT KNOWING how dependent I will be and how much my husband will need to help. He is terrific but has a lot of work to do so ... I want to be able to do things for myself. Plus, those stairs!!!
  11. jes

    Sept. 5th is the day ... bilateral partial knee replacements

    How do I get on the September surgery list? Sorry! I'm a newbie!
  12. jes

    Sept. 5th is the day ... bilateral partial knee replacements

    I must say, after reading some of these posts I am re-thinking whether I should have both done at once. I need to be on my feet again, quite literally, in 3 months. This seemed to be the bes t way ... plus BOTH hurt. I am most concerned though about how I am going to get up 3 flights of stairs...
Back
Top Bottom