Recent content by Jenn

  1. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    @Josephine I apologize for annoying you with separate posts. But I don’t know how to copy parts of a message and keep a single post going. I want to thank everyone for the support and encouragement during the most difficult recovery I’ve experienced. I’ll be signing off for good. Thanks again...
  2. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    @ Josephine that should’ve been when I don’t have pt on weekends, it feels better.
  3. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    @Josephine on icing, should I only be icing the top of my leg or the backside of the knee also? All makes sense because when I do t have pt on weekends, swelling seems to get better. @Josephine I forgot to ask about heat.... should I be applying heat at any point? @Josephine with all this...
  4. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    @Josephine I’m not sure why. But that’s how it’s referred to me at each visit at or and the home health pt as a negative number. Negative, positive doesn’t matter to me. What matters is that the back of my knee isn’t flat when I’m laying supine and they want that straight as do I. I have been...
  5. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    @ Celle Thank you! After reading ROM from other participants, I am okay. Thank you again. I’m a very impatient person and each day I’m realizing that this is my lesson.
  6. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    @Josephine I’m sure it’s negative number. It’s been negative since surgery. 1. Pain level is about 2-3 at it’s worse because of swelling and fluid. For the most part very tolerable 2. oxycodone/acetaminophen 7.5 mg every 8-10 hrs as needed 3. swelling is moderate 4. range today was 107 and...
  7. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    @sistersinhim thank you so much. No, my OS has not had a knee replaced. I don’t want to sound ungrateful with my new joint because when I look back months or even years ago, I was in so much pain and now the knee joint is pain free.
  8. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    @Josephine I put -8 because tahts what my physical therapist tells me at each visit. I’ll be happy to answer any questions.
  9. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    @Jockette my OS told me that if I didn’t work the scar tissue and got my number closer to 0, I would always walk with a limp. I’m the type to do what im told to make it better. But just feel defeated. I’ve been crying most of the day.
  10. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    Today is definitely a day with blues. I had my 6 week post op yesterday and Dr was pleased with flexion but my extension is not as good. I am able to walk but with a little limp. At therapy on Monday, I was at 104 and +8. Today at therapy, she pushed the flexion, extension and scraped. I was...
  11. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    @donnag1108 I think you’ve said exactly what I feel, I want my life back. I want to be outside doing things in the yard and riding my motorcycle. I’m sorry you’re feeling this way. But I’m glad to know I’m in the “normal” range.
  12. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    @kneeper I’m looking forward to pt to get out. I’ve been doing things at home on my own. But I’m so ready for some independence.
  13. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    @Mollymax thanks so much for the positive info. I agree with the inability to sleep because of being uncomfortable. Best of recovery to you too.
  14. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    I’m feeling kind of down today about my progress. I think I’m getting stir crazy staying in the house. Still using the walker, while waiting on insurance authorization for outpatient pt, although getting a little stronger. Just wondering how other TKR recoveries are going.
  15. J

    TKR Jenn’s Recovery<

    @ jockette It’s a struggle to complete. That’s what my pt was saying his TKR patients can do in two days. He also used “no pain no gain “ expression which brought my thoughts to an article you guys sent me. I think in my previous post, I called it a leg lift. I’m finally able to lift some. I...
Back
Top Bottom