Recent content by jenm1970

  1. jenm1970

    Revised PKR to TKR Recovery

    I went to PT yesterday and she asked if I wanted to do a certain exercise and I said no, she said you will be the one in control I won’t be doing anything. It was using a strap to help pull my leg to bend. She said there’s notes in my chart that says not to touch patient without consent. I’m...
  2. jenm1970

    Revised PKR to TKR Recovery

    I did slow things down. I quit PT March 27 and then had a follow and talked to surgeon and decided on a different PT which I started May 10. Had follow up with surgeons PA and that was the day I wrote the message that I’m frustrated. This new PT seems to be listening to me. The PA at the...
  3. jenm1970

    Revised PKR to TKR Recovery

    @Jamie thank you for the reply. Let me gather my thoughts and reply. I appreciate your words.
  4. jenm1970

    Revised PKR to TKR Recovery

    I wish I had never done a revision from partial to total knee replacement. Heck, I wish I never did any of them at all. I’m tired of being in pain. I’m tired of the Dr’s and PT always talking about ROM and where I’m at and how I’ll never get past 100° if I don’t push it. That I’ll never be...
  5. jenm1970

    Revised PKR to TKR Recovery

    There was some words of advice that helped. It talked about feeling down. Can someone for it? I can’t remember all the words
  6. jenm1970

    Revised PKR to TKR Recovery

    I have been experiencing a burning and lack of sensation of my thigh on my surgery knee. Has anyone suffered femoral nerve damage?
  7. jenm1970

    Revised PKR to TKR Recovery

    I saw my surgeon on March 26, 2024, my “cold” flexion as she called it was 102 and my extension was 0. She said keep up with PT and I’ll give you 3 weeks to get to 110 otherwise you’ll need and MUA. I had an MUA 8 weeks post op with my bilateral PKR back in March 2015, the MUA was April 26...
  8. jenm1970

    Revised PKR to TKR Recovery

    Thank you everyone for your replies. I’m going to PT today armed with this information and courage.
  9. jenm1970

    Revised PKR to TKR Recovery

    I had her measure my left knee just for Curiosity. My flexion is 110° on my left. She looked disappointed, I said well it’s gets me around the best it can. I’ve thought with this surgery the goal was to be able to move around and walk with no pain. I’m walking and the only pain is from the...
  10. jenm1970

    Revised PKR to TKR Recovery

    @mendogal …thank you for the ROM info. I’ll be taking a screen shot and printing the article to share at PT and with my surgeon.
  11. jenm1970

    Revised PKR to TKR Recovery

    @sistersinhim… thank you for the reply. My dr had in my post op notes to take my meds - hour prior to PT so I was following that direction, but taking afterwards makes sense. Thank you also for the info about the pushing, I will keep that in my head if I see her again. I have another pt...
  12. jenm1970

    Revised PKR to TKR Recovery

    I will be 6 weeks post op on Friday March 22. And 8/12 months post op my ankle fusion. My ankle feels great, my knee is feeling ok. It’s definitely still swollen, but when I think back to my bilateral partial knee replacements 5 years ago, I’m doing great. Have been doing in office PT once a...
  13. jenm1970

    Revised PKR to TKR Recovery

    I am now 2 weeks 3 days post op. Feeling ok. The surgeon is happy with my healing, the PT I have is associated with the surgeons office. My 4 visit is today. At my 2nd visit I had Panic attack at the end, she was getting ready to measure my flexion and hand my foot on her knee then started...
  14. jenm1970

    2024 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    My RKTR is scheduled for Friday February 9
  15. jenm1970

    TKR In line for RTKR

    Mine was medial both sides
Back
Top Bottom