Recent content by JenaS62

  1. J

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    Hi everyone. An update! At exactly the 4 month mark which was last Friday, I laid on my bed and did one straight leg lift. I could not do it again until today and I managed to do several. Also last night while sitting on my couch reclining a little bit, I lifted my lower leg from the floor at...
  2. J

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    Hi everyone. Well I am now 15 weeks post op. I am walking inside with no walking aids and my husband and I take a walk around our neighborhood every morning and I use a cane just as a security blanket. The first time we walked outside was a little difficult. I had a lot of trouble with the...
  3. J

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    Yes. I’m going to Mayo in Jacksonville
  4. J

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    Hi everyone. I saw a local neurologist on Thursday and found out no more than I already knew. I had already made an appointment/multiple appointments actually with Mayo Clinic for August. The Neuro I saw on Thursday scheduled a nerve test for June 30th and then a follow up with him end of...
  5. J

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    Thanks for your post. I am very interested in hearing more about your nerve damage. What effects did the damage cause and how long was your recovery?
  6. J

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    Hi Layla. Yesterday was 9 weeks. Nothing has really changed except that I am back on the walker. My surgeon said that I should not be trying to walk without it due to my unstable knee. My knee and surrounding area is still numb as is my inner thigh, shin and inner calf down to my ankle bone...
  7. J

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    I had a bit of a set back on Sunday 5/7. I guess I got over confident on my ability to walk. I was out on our outside concrete patio with no knee brace on and no cane or Walker. My surgery side foot hit one of the lounge chairs and my knee gave out and I went down like a rock. I fell on to...
  8. J

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    I have more good news to report. I’m 7 weeks out and can walk on my own, only using the cane once in a while. I ditched the knee brace because it was causing my knee to throb and I finally couldn’t take it anymore. I am able to do normal duties around the house but still can’t drive because I...
  9. J

    THR 6 weeks post THR, live alone

    This is such great news!
  10. J

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    You guys are a blessing! I appreciate all of your feedback. I switched from my Walker to a cane yesterday. I’m not really even sure I need the cane as I have also been “free walking” as my husband calls it. But I am using it just to be safe. I ordered myself an electronic muscle stimulator...
  11. J

    Hip Infection* problem

    Ugh so sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with you.
  12. J

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Hello Mr. Fun. I am having similar issues but maybe worse. I am a 60 year old female and I had THR on right hip. I have femoral nerve damage from the surgery. My inner leg from groin to ankle is numb. My entire knee is numb and buckles on me. Now have to wear a knee brace. My thigh feels...
  13. J

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    I do have something positive to report. Over the weekend, using only a very light touch with my surgery side hand on my 4 wheel walker and I started walking. I have a terrible limp and some hip pain but it’s the first time I have been confident enough to try it. I wear a knee brace and that...
  14. J

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    I finally got an appointment with a neurologist , but not until June 1st. I am at week 5 and nothing physically has changed. Still have a numb leg and numb knee. Still have horrible knee pain and no reflexes in my lower leg, I cannot lift my lower leg or kick out my foot from a sitting...
  15. J

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    Hello everyone and thanks for your words of encouragement. to cheer myself up, I spent the day yesterday looking online for dresses to wear to my sons wedding. I have three coming to try. I’m pretty excited! My doctor just switched me from Percocet to Tramedol and I must say, the pain is...
Back
Top Bottom