Recent content by Jean54

  1. J

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    Jiffy knee sounds very interesting. I had RTK on 9-2018 and everyone thought I was crazy playing pickleball only after two weeks. I never had any pain after the surgery and I never did any PT. I did not move as well or drive as early as you could in one week, but everyone thought I was doing...
  2. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    Four months post op and my RTKR seems holding up ok. Hubby and I have done short rv trips a few times already, been playing pickleball 2-3 times a week(albeit I am far from my pre surgery playing level yet), been walking fine and just going about my daily life in general. My plane ride at 3...
  3. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    @texasjeri, Best wishes on your RTKR in one week! Just keep your body healthy and legs strong as much as you can, pre-op. I had very little pain post op, maybe just one day. I used no PT and did all exercises at my own leisure. No one tried to push my knee for better rom, and my rom is good...
  4. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    @Jamie, Glad you liked the idea. Hubby had our trip route mapped out already, and he has been waiting for me to say yes. I just texted hubby (he is out of town) and told him let’s go. He immediately sent me a GIF showing a man and a woman highfiving. He is silly and happy! He loves to drive...
  5. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    @skigirl - Thank you so much for all the hobby suggestions. I admire your positive energy and your motivation to explore new things around you. I admire and have much to learn from you. I do enjoy movies and cooking programs. I probably could crochet or knit something nice and useful for my...
  6. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    @kmak81230, It‘s nice to hear from another pickleballer! So sorry to hear about your arm and I hope you are doing better now. I have known players who broke their wrist, leg, or arm when they took a tumble. Even when I was limping on the court last week, a fellow player broke her wrist when...
  7. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    Thank you for all who wrote. I get it, really and finally. @skigirl, Thank you for taking time to read my previous postings and you explained so well. Wow, you just knock some senses into my head and you were right! I agree that my OS really made my TKR sounded like a cakewalk from the start...
  8. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    @skigirl, Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope my snag will be released too. I am 6.5 weeks po but walking is still a big challenge. My knee becomes numb, swollen, and stiff/tight as soon as I start walking without my tight knee sleeve or a knee compression support on, or I would limp...
  9. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    @Josephie, good suggestion. Tried to upload 2 pics but it only took one. Do you still think the dented skin will eventually be unstuck and released? Thanks.
  10. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    @Josephine, thank you. You are very knowledgeable and helpful. I am 5.6 weeks post-op. I understand patience is necessary but the skins on the top of my incision are still very stuck at one point and not loosening. I will continue to massage but am ready to accept that it is what it is. I...
  11. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    @hopalong61 Glad to know I am not alone with a dent & knot on the top of the incision! I looked through many knee scar pictures from the bonesmart thread, and I have not yet seen one with a dent. @Josephine, thank you so much for your explanation about the “dent or snag” will most likely be...
  12. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    I have a hard knot on the top of my incision (I am almost 5 weeks po). The knot also seems to stuck to the issues inside, which looks like a dent where the top skin's gathering to that point. The dented look just above my knee looks prominent especially when I am standing up. Not sure it...
  13. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    Thank you for your replies. I have slowed down over the weekend so my knee finally swells less now. Sent my hubby go play sports by himself today. It wasn’t easy because I so wanted to go. We both need to be patient for at least a few more months. Then he texted me about so many players...
  14. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    Thank you Celle,. You were right about healing is still going on underneath even though it looks fine on the surface. I really had no idea it could take a year to recover after a TKR! My OS said before my replacement was, "you’ll do fine. You’ll go back to sports in no time”. So I thought it...
  15. J

    TKR Jean’s Recovery Thread

    I am exactly 3 weeks post op today. I think I am doing well so far, no need for any walking aid the first week, no pain, no longer need to ice my knee, and I walk around well within reasonable distance. I am doing home exercises on my own and I have good ROM which is at least at 115. The...
Back
Top Bottom