Recent content by jdr196

  1. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    Issues have decreased greatly except the itching that is off and on. Was at doctors Monday as for the knee everything is on target wants me to work more on strength now says more flexion will come on it’s own. With the itching he wants to wait and see how things progress. Itching is not all...
  2. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    At home the leg lifts have no weight at therapy the weight is 4lbs for the leg lifts
  3. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    Josephine here are the answers 1 - pain wise is 0 but factoring in stiffness and swelling would be a 3 2 - I was prescribed oxycodine of 5 mg every four hours as needed I have not taken any for over 4 weeks as of now 3 - knee swelling is slight 4 - as of today flexionis 118 and extension...
  4. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    Sure go ahead with the questions
  5. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    Therapy was normal exercises - heel slides, leg lifts, stretching, squats, toe touches off a 8” step and 7 minutes on a bike st level 2. Nothing odd but did add additional weight on leg lifts Took 2 extra strength Tylenol and going to bed hopefully that will help once I get relaxed
  6. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    Now have another issue pain in the back of the knee after therapy today. Have been making great progress and not needing any assistance in walking but after therapy can barely walk without a limp. Been on couch with leg up and I’ve on it on and off all afternoon
  7. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    I am not taking anything new that I wasn’t taking before the operation. I have not taken any pain pills in more than 4 weeks so not sure what is going on with the itching
  8. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    8+ weeks out and all going well 120 bending on Friday. My only issue is itching all over my body not sure what’s up. My medical doctor said take benydral and see what happens have appointment with surgeon next week will bring this up with him also
  9. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    Thanks for the info about traveling longer distance with the knee I will keep that in mind
  10. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    Celle Thanks for the info I just remember the left one the therapist was massaging the knee and he and I felt a slight pop on the scar and he said it was a scar adhesion letting loose. All I know it made the tightness in the knee a lot less
  11. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    Any idea when you can start massaging around the scar to help with scar tissue? I am going to be staying my 7th week on Tuesday
  12. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    At therapy today got to 115 without any pain I think I am proceeding ok
  13. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    The trip to the doctor is almost 2 hours each way and then the wait. It was never sore but has rebounded and the soreness for mow is gone. The good part is no more full leg stockings on both legs. Still need to wait 2 more weeks for driving but I am progressing in a good way
  14. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    PT went very good exercises were added to my in home routine. Very happy where I am at for this time in the process
  15. J

    TKR JD’s Recovery<

    Right TKR been going good till yesterday had dr appointment all is going good but having leg down for more than 6 hours pain is back with avengence. Sleeping hasn’t been very good but last night was worse. Not looking forward to first day of outside PT
Back
Top Bottom