I suffered for several years being told that my inability to stand or walk (without the use of a walker) was being caused by 4 very bad lumbar discs. In fact, the spinal surgeon was contemplating doing fusion surgery.
I then happened upon an orthopedic surgeon who told me that my problem was...
Yes -- way too common misdiagnosis.
I was told for 6+ years that the reason I was barely able to walk (even with a walker + cane); had excruciating pain in my legs + lower back was primarily due to 4 very bad discs (that would require fusion surgery) + sciatica.
I was getting back injections...
I had my surgery in mid-April 2016 (double hip replacement) and feel absolutely awesome!
I was not diagnosed until February of this year as needing hip replacements and must say that I was initially reluctant to get on the surgical schedule during that 1st appointment with the ortho surgeon. He...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.