Recent content by JBase

  1. J

    Bilateral TKR Bi lateral TKR 12/8/15 knee extension

    Sorry bout that... I'll keep it mind when I post... Thanks, JP
  2. J

    Bilateral TKR Bi lateral TKR 12/8/15 knee extension

    Hello all... It's now been just over 12 weeks post op and I am getting around well, with stiffness and swelling towards the end of day...what concerns me at this point is every time I extend my left leg out I hear and feel a series of loud pops and cracks from my knee joint, when I place my hand...
  3. J

    Bilateral TKR Bi lateral TKR 12/8/15 knee extension

    Thanks for your kind words...I will read up..
  4. J

    Bilateral TKR Bi lateral TKR 12/8/15 knee extension

    hello again... From time to time, and on occasion for as much as ½ a day, I find myself fighting depression. I'm going in to my 5th week after bilateral total knee replacement. After setting ground rules with my pt that side is progressing as to expectation. I experience the depression when I...
  5. J

    Bilateral TKR Bi lateral TKR 12/8/15 knee extension

    I have to say that I am very touched by the sharing and advice of all, it's a good feeling as opposed to the depression spiral I've been heading towards. The advice and mantra all makes good sense to me...you have to heal from the assault on your knees...then you can build. I am an athlete at...
  6. J

    Bilateral TKR Bi lateral TKR 12/8/15 knee extension

    Oh oh... Just thought of another question.....? Are swelling and stiffness the same thing or is one a function of the other? And are they both to be treated with ice and elevation? Thanks, JP
  7. J

    Bilateral TKR Bi lateral TKR 12/8/15 knee extension

    Thank you so much for your response and insight! I agree with telling her to stop, I had done it once before while she was pushing down on my knee...it began to severely hurt and I just looked at her and said stop! She did...however she has continued....and excuse me for saying this..I believed...
  8. J

    Bilateral TKR Bi lateral TKR 12/8/15 knee extension

    Hello all... I'm just past my 4 week recovery, going to pt 3x per week. My flexion is at 129 on my right knee and 127 on my left, yet my therapist pushes my leg to the point that I yell out uncontrolled from the pain. She actually had to get me water on a couple of occasions because I became so...
Back
Top Bottom