Recent content by Jayne1

  1. J

    TKR New member

    Onwards and upwards! Wishing you a continuing pain free recovery.
  2. J

    TKR New member

    Hi @ouchie! Thank you so much for your kind comments. I still have the tight band like you. My surgeon told me the swelling would be on the outside of the leg along with the numbness which is exactly where it is. He also said it can take months for the swelling to go down so I think we’re...
  3. J

    TKR New member

    Thank you Layla, and a Happy New Year to you too! I had a lovely Christmas thank you with the family and dogs. Still got swelling on the outside of my knee with restricted ROM but I’m continuing the advice from my PT with icing, ibuprofen and gentle bends and stretches. Pretty much getting on...
  4. J

    TKR New member

    Yes it is! I’ve tried going upstairs normally and am pleased that I can do that. Going downstairs is another matter as my knee is tight but it’s still early days.
  5. J

    TKR New member

    Thank you for all of your advice which is invaluable as always. I had a PT session this morning and he wants me to ice as often as possible for 20 mins at a time and take ibuprofen regularly to reduce the swelling within the knee. Also to massage the scar with bio oil as that’s tight as well...
  6. J

    TKR New member

    Hi everyone. I hope you are all well and getting ready for a lovely Christmas. I have a question about stairs. How do you know when you can walk up and down them normally again? I still do the one leg up or down and the other to join it (I hope that makes sense!). My update is that my...
  7. J

    TKR New member

    Thank you @Layla . I’m doing ok thanks although still not great flexion or straightening. I’ve been told not to worry as it will improve but it can be a bit disheartening at times with so little progress. I’m walking around ok and have been back to aqua fit which I enjoy and I’ve had a...
  8. J

    TKR New member

    Yes I got permission to use the hot tub and a pool. We wound is completely healed so nothing is getting in there! I’m going to be very careful and only go in for a short time to start with. Also I will definitely have my icing stuff with me. I will also take the opportunity to rest and have...
  9. J

    TKR New member

    Hi everyone. Just an update. Saw my surgeon for my 6 week check today and all good :yes:. He’s very pleased with where I am now, which is so nice to hear as you begin to doubt yourself! My flexion is probably a bit less than 90 degrees but he said that’s perfectly fine at this stage. Just...
  10. J

    TKR New member

    Thank you for your kind thoughts. I’m wondering how far I should be able to walk at 5 weeks. I’m finding that more than about 20 minutes makes my knee ache. I’m not sure what I should be aiming for? Layla, I’m with my dogs all of the time but can’t walk them yet. I couldn’t bear to be apart...
  11. J

    TKR New member

    Good morning. I am doing well thank you. Saw my PT yesterday for the 2nd time and he’s really good. Very encouraging but doesn’t try to push me past my comfort zone. I’m now trying to gently increase my flexion. My knee still feels very tight so it’s just gentle exercises to slowly get it...
  12. J

    TKR New member

    I have a way to go yet then! Thank you. It helps to have some idea of what to expect :)
  13. J

    TKR New member

    Thank you benne68. I will take a look.
  14. J

    TKR New member

    Thank you Layla and Mendogal. One question I have is roughly how long everybody has found it takes until the tight band around the knee starts to ease. :old:
  15. J

    TKR New member

    Just an update on how things are for me. Post op 3 weeks today. I’m not using a crutch at home as I tend to forget about it anyway, but I always take it out with me. I’ve not done any actual exercises since I overdid things on Monday. Just been resting and icing to get the swelling back down...
Back
Top Bottom