Recent content by Jay

  1. J

    New member

    Hi All, Just found out today from the VA that my surgery is scheduled for September 15. Now it is time to hit the gym. Jay
  2. J

    having spinal & nerve block for TKR

    When I had my ACL replaced, I had a general and the groin block. I'm not real keen about needles in that area, and the doc had to do some fast talking to get me to agree to it. I'm sure glad he was persistant. That block was the best thing. I had NO pain for three days. The pain after the...
  3. J

    New member

    My wife and I decided we wanted to go somewhere we could kind of understand the people. LOL! The worst fight I got into while in the Army was when I told two British soldiers assigned to the NATO Honor Guard in Korea that my friend and I would teach them how to speak English for free. One was...
  4. J

    New member

    Thanks Josephine. I'm afraid in my case, it is kind of like your system in the UK. The original damage to my knee was done in the U.S. Army, and the Veterans Administration has the next available OS do the surgery. I haven't been able to find out as yet what prosthesis is commonly used. They...
  5. J

    New member

    Thanks for the encouragement. After my last surgery, my OS opened up the knee poked around a bit with the camera and closed eveything back up. At the post-op appointment, he pointed out pink areas on the photos he took. He told me I should not be seeing the pink as it was raw bone. He also...
  6. J

    New member

    Hi all! I am waiting for the VA to send me a letter to let me know when I will have a RTKR. I'd have it done tomorrow, but my health insurance won't cover it because I'm getting disability payments from the VA. I found this site while doing research on the surgery. I may have questions...
Back
Top Bottom