Recent content by Jas95

  1. J

    TKR Knee clicking after 9 months

    I’m just over 9 months since myTkr on my left knee (22 may 2025)- it’s been going well I’ve been walking up to 5 km for quite some time now and the swelling is still there but greatly reduced. I was feeling great about it but then about 2 weeks ago a new noise developed- it clicked a bit from...
  2. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    Good to hear ! So how long ago was your first hip?
  3. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    Well gosh it’s been a while since I posted- I’m at 10 1/2 months post surgery- it’s been up and down though generally up than heavens- I can do most things easily now but I’m a member of the ODIC club and every now and then still get a sore gluteus medius- then I need to rest again for a week or...
  4. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    Thanks for all that good advice everyone- slow but steady is the way forward!
  5. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    Week 11 and things are slowly improving- I can walk without the stick - slowly- and am feeling like I’m back on track- ice has certainly been my friend!
  6. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    It’s very supportive to know you are experiencing similar issues- I see you are just 1 week ahead of me- I enjoyed your interpretation of ‘unique’! And you’re right- walking icing resting and patience! I hope you start to see some progress soon too!
  7. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    That’s very encouraging to know thank you!
  8. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    No the pain hasn’t increased thank heavens! It just hasn’t progressed noticeably since Monday - I guess I need to continue with being patient! It could be that I am wanting an instant return to the pain free walking of week 6 but I don’t think that’s how it works …
  9. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    I am needing to be so patient progress is very hard to see! Went to see my doctor today and while she agreed that I needed to take it easy and let the inflamed tissues recover she advised getting back in touch with her if it was no better in 2 weeks and she would organise an x ray and a referral...
  10. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    I’m happy to report some improvements! 99% over covid and so far this morning I managed a 7 min walk with no twinges- small steps and using my stick but that’s more that I’ve managed before- feeling encouraged!
  11. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    Slow is certainly the speed! I am feeling almost over the covid now but the glute muscles don’t seem to be recovering at all- I’ve been icing and elevating for 12 days now very little change- gosh it’s challenging! Struggling with this a bit at the moment.
  12. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    Oh yes the energy drain- thanks so much it really helps me work on my patience to know that it will eventually get there- slow and steady yes!
  13. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    Thanks for your reply- and good to know that this is to be expected- I need to not ask too much of my body - hope you have recovered ok!
  14. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    Thanks Layla I really appreciate your reply- and I had thought that covid was delaying my recovery- I have certainly stopped all exercises and am currently managing a 5-6 minute slow walk 2 or 3 times a day- I guess I just need to be patient! I will update again in a day or so with hopefully...
  15. J

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    Hi I have been reading the posts on this forum so helpful and comforting! I had a total right hip replacement on 26 October and was making great progress but at around 7 1/2 weeks my glutes started to ache and hurt a bit - I cut back on the exercises and have been elevating icing and resting...
Back
Top Bottom