Recent content by Jarginko

  1. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    Surgery was August 1, 2017. I am having sharp, burning pain on the outside of my knee, and sometimes down the outside of my calf. It always comes on when I drive or lay on my side, regardless of which side I lay. Has anyone.else experienced anything like this ? Otherwise, I am generally...
  2. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    As November ends I complete 4 months since surgery. I manage about 4 hours natural sleep, then a Tylenol PM to finish the night. Still unable to sleep on side. Back aches after laying on it for long time, so I pull knees to chest to loosen. I also have pain outside my knee, radiating down...
  3. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    Thanks you....they were helpful to me and in the form of guidance, but they did point out some mistakes I made and at least one rule I violated, which I just didn’t know about. Glad I can still participate.
  4. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    I have to apologize to somebody, maybe a couple of somebodies. I just discovered I have an in box and there were three messages there advising me of rules here, procedures, and how to accomplish certain postings.I am sorry if I violated any of these. I can assure that any violation was due to my...
  5. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    I am now a little over three months since surgery. All of the above comments have been very helpful and encouraging. A problem I’m having now is inability to lay on one side or the other. When I do, whether with a pillow between my legs or not, I fall asleep a bit but wake up with pain which...
  6. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    Thank you all for your encouraging words - very helpful. Also, Josepahine thanks for the advice. I shall follow along as best I can. This forum is very helpful overall....
  7. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    Since I started the Tylenol PM with oxycodone at bedtime, I am blissfully getting a good night’s sleep - five in a row now! This makes me feel sooo much better. No meds at all during the day. Still have pain on stairs and a troublesome sharp pain just outside my knee going down side of calf...
  8. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    1. 1 - 4 2. 5 mg oxycodone, bedtime & 4 hours later, 1 Tylenol pm bedtime. Nothing during the day, only for sleep 3. Slight 4. Flexion 125, extension, 0 5. Yes, upon waking, before bed, and after activity or exercise. 18 minutes each 6. Yes, when icing, and when sitting 7. I...
  9. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    yes, Josephine, i am glad to answer any questions
  10. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    Now I’m back because of bad nights and different pains. I’ve tried different drugs —. Tylenol, which doesn’t seem to do much for me, Tylenol PM which helps sleep for 4 - 6 hours. It seemed to help less as I took it regularly . Melatonin, 10 mg, helps a little for first couple of hours. I...
  11. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    Thanks for the always helpful and supportive comments. When I said my knee collapsed, it just buckled briefly. Since then I also find I have to walk slower. Walking down a hill or even slight slope causes similar pain behind my knee. I'm watching it, it does seem to get better, and I will...
  12. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    I like this mutual support system we have here. Your comments when I post are really helpful and appreciated. Now I have a new issue which I haven't seen anyone here write about. Last week I was walking outside, just from one place about 700 yards away to another, and my knee seemed to...
  13. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    Thanks again for all these helpful comments. The PT folks do an evaluation Friday. The moderate approaches mentioned here make sense, and I'm going to gear my activities towards them. I've got to do something about nights - right now I dread bedtime.
  14. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    Thank you all for your very supportive and helpful remarks. I may be noticing a trend here - namely members from the U.K. or outside US tend to suggest no PT, rest, let body heal itself. In the US it seems PT is more the norm. Am I seeing this correctly? I'm in a situation where my...
  15. J

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    I had right knee replaced Aug. 1, am being told I'm doing good. Why can I not get a good night's sleep? I use 2 Tylenol PM, which worked well the first night I took them, but help less and less as time goes on. Pain makes sleep difficult throughout the night. I have been off pain Mede about...
Back
Top Bottom