Recent content by janae

  1. J

    THR Fall 7 years after THR

    Yes, I could call my OS. I am assuming since I can walk, there is nothing broken. Do you agree with that? Thank you.
  2. J

    THR Fall 7 years after THR

    Today is Friday. It happened Wednesday at noon. I have not seen a doctor. My employer will send me to a doctor I have never seen. I Have taken oxycodone and ibuprofen 800. Lots of rest.
  3. J

    THR Fall 7 years after THR

    Had my left hip replaced in May 2010. Had 6 erysipelas infections in the following 2 years. Has been great the past 5 years. Had a bad fall at work and landed hard on left buttock and back. Am now having pain deep in left buttock similar to what I had for a couple of months after replacement. I...
  4. J

    TKR Can gait change now create hip pain after TKR?

    My hip hurt on the same side of the TKR following the surgery. It was uncomfortable to even lay on that side. I just passed 6 months and realized last night that it no longer hurts as I was laying on that side. Hopefully yours will get better.
  5. J

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral 5 months out>

    I am 6 mos on right knee and 10 mos on left knee. My left knee is wonderful! My right knee still feels tight sometimes and I also have trouble getting up from chairs. When I get discouraged, I think about what it was like last month and I can see improvement, so that is encouraging. Everyone...
  6. J

    TKR 5 year anniversary!

    Woo Hoo! Sounds like a happy match for you and your knee. Hope you have many more years together. :flwrysmile:
  7. J

    Thoughts on Tens Unit

    I will try the acupressure massage and also increasing the straight leg lifts. My left knee is great, and I feel I want to ensure the same with the right one. These surgeries are painful and expensive enough, that I want it to be the best it can be. Thanks for the advice.
  8. J

    Thoughts on Tens Unit

    Thanks for all of the responses. Chestnc, I am so sorry you have fallen twice. I hope you are doing better. I really worry about falling. I think a forklift would have to come and get me up! I think I will try the tens unit. It is just so painful when I am standing up from a chair. I know they...
  9. J

    Thoughts on Tens Unit

    I am 5 months postop on my TKR and still have quad pain and a hard time standing from a seated position. Has anyone used a tens unit and does it help?
  10. J

    PKR "Straight" Leg Raises

    I did my PT faithfully for 2 months. My extension was not quite 0. Josephine modified my PT routine and after I cut back, my extension improved. Best wishes!
  11. J

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Just a little update- 4 and a half months after TRKR. Last night I went to Wal Mart and shopped for a little over an hour. No pain. I honestly do not remember the last time that I could stand and walk that long. Praise the Lord for my knee knees! I still have pain in the quads when I rise from a...
  12. J

    TKR Pain and stiffness returned a few months ago

    I would schedule a visit with my OS and go from there.
  13. J

    Bilateral TKR Ya just never know...my bilateral TKR saga

    Thank you so much for sharing your story! What an encouragement it will be for so many. Really proves you don't have to suffer through the "no pain, no gain" mentality on PT for ROM. Hope you continue to improve.
  14. J

    TKR 18 months post op inflammation

    I was diagnosed with Afib and cannot take anti-inflammatories. I have started taking arthritis strength Tylenol every morning and night. I did not think it would help, however it has helped. Most days I take 2 Tramadol at noon. I have noticed a positive difference since starting this regime. I...
  15. J

    TKR Needing some answers...depression setting in

    @Josephine Fourdad's daughter is needing advice or help because her dad had ROM of 60 pre-surgery. Only got to 65 with PT after surgery. He had a MUA 6 weeks post op and the OS got a 110. Today he can not even lift his leg. The family is discouraged and wondering what to do and hope for in the...
Back
Top Bottom