Recent content by JamesAB

  1. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    Thanks to everyone for your kind words. Always appreciated.
  2. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    Hello everybody, here I am again five and a half years after my RTKR and 16 months after my kneecap resurfacing with a Vanguard button. How I wish I could say that I was walking about ok but I cannot. The euphoria I felt at last Christmas when I was walking around the kitchen unaided has, all...
  3. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    A Very Happy New Year to all at Bonesmart. I am indebted for all of your help which is changing my life!! xx
  4. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    Thank you to all for your Kind comments. :)
  5. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    @Jaycey Thank you. I really think I see the light at the end of the tunnel now!
  6. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    A late Christmas present for me: As most of you will know, I have been struggling with an inability to walk unaided following a right knee replacement in November 2018. In January this year, I had the kneecap relined in an effort to solve the problem. In my naivety, I expected to be walking ok...
  7. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    Thanks to everybody for your kind wishes.
  8. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    Saw Mr Zahn today, I have to say he is an excellent consultant. He says I have nothing to worry about and that I will continue to improve over the next year. He says I am unique and my recovery is conditioned by my inherent disability. I am much reassured and will double up on exercises to speed...
  9. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    Sometimes I don't know whether I'm on my backside or elbow with this knee. In the last month the "stunned" feeling in my leg has disappeared and the strength in the leg increased quite a bit: I have been testing using bathroom scales how much weight I can support on the leg. 10 days ago it was...
  10. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    Thanks to all for the advice. I hope to get a good outcome. Jim
  11. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    @Jaycey: Don't quite know what to do right now. Three options. 1) Go to GP; 2) Consult Mr Zahn 3) Consult a Neurosurgeon? Problem is further complicated by the fact that for the last 5-6 years I have had "pins and needles" in my hands with "pruney" fingers and some loss of sense of touch. I...
  12. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    @maryo52 Thank you for your advice. I will see if I can get professional advice.
  13. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    Hello, everybody, It is some five months since I have updated my status here. I do so wish I could now say that I am walking without pain or difficulty but, alas, I cannot. On the plus side moving about using a walker or furniture hopping is easier than in May. I don't suffer much pain, the...
  14. JamesAB

    TKR Can't straighten leg or walk eleven weeks post op

    @Layla I sincerely hope so! I am certainly more optimistic than I have been these last five years! Thanks & Regards to all, Jim,
Back
Top Bottom