Recent content by jakhodge88

  1. jakhodge88

    Revision THR Long overdue update

    @copsham, Hello there, thankyou for reading it, hopefully it would be benificial. Hope you are well. best wishes Jak
  2. jakhodge88

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    Hi Sullivand, fantastic that you have got through this nightmare of a complication, I too have had the infection that required complete removal of all components and I know the surgery is horrible and distressing. I still have the spacer in which has now been 3 years, mine was cemented lightly...
  3. jakhodge88

    Revision THR Long overdue update

    Hi all, So its been like ageeeeessss since I have posted here, been super busy in the year or so, I got married, got a new job etc. An update on the KIWI spacer that is holding out surprisingly well considering its just a temp one. Saw the consultant last month after developing some hip pain...
  4. jakhodge88

    THR Removal of implant due to infection

    Hey Jo Yeah still waiting on it. So nice to chat to people who have had the same experiences Hope everyone is ok!
  5. jakhodge88

    1 year after 1st of two step revision

    @Josephine hey Jo sorry i did :s Spacer is holding out really well :) jogging and even spin bowling (cricket) all with permission of course. I do get pain but luckily i have a high pain threshold these days so i plan for the day after to be sore and plan like that. Yeah med school in Plymouth...
  6. jakhodge88

    1 year after 1st of two step revision

    @Vetgirl hey. Well i had 7 previous hip replacements since the age of 14 and they all kept coming loose along with symptoms of a constant fever, fatigue, chronic pain, sweating, flushing and did i say chronic pain! I had a second opinion and many tests including bone scans, white cell scans and...
  7. jakhodge88

    1 year after 1st of two step revision

    @Jaycey hey, no not at all, happy to help any time of course :)
  8. jakhodge88

    THR Removal of implant due to infection

    Hey Koala78 Firstly Im really sorry to hear about your problems and i can sympathise with your feeling of frustration and anger at the lack of progress. I'd like to say that there is life with a spacer and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I was diagnosed with a rather aggressive...
  9. jakhodge88

    1 year after 1st of two step revision

    Hey Jacey Hope your well, sorry updates have been few and far between working and studying is taking up most of my time...but I'm not going to complain. I haven't been checking in much but will make more of a conscious effort to drop in in. Hope you are keeping well :) Jak
  10. jakhodge88

    1 year after 1st of two step revision

    Hey Kim thanks for your lovely message.
  11. jakhodge88

    1 year after 1st of two step revision

    Hey vetgirl, sorry to hear about your problems it sucks when you first get the news that you have infection. The spacer is a personalised one for me as far as i am aware, its more solidly cemented than your average spacer as my consultant wanted to give me as many years as possible with the...
  12. jakhodge88

    1 year after 1st of two step revision

    Well hello all! Been a long time coming but here is an update. So im 1 year down the line with a temporary hip while infection is being treated, apart from a minor blip (dislocation) the temp hip is really holding out well with my surgeon on a years leave and wanting to hold off the final stage...
  13. jakhodge88

    Revision THR Update!

    Hi all I know I haven't been on this forum now ages!!!!! So where to begin..... O.k so have i have been getting along well with the sort of 1.5 stage of this revision back working hard and i am free of infection which is awesome of-course though it is coming with a little pain as this hip...
  14. jakhodge88

    belated update

    Hi Diane how are you keeping? hope you are recovering well and getting stronger, best wishes Jak:snork:
  15. jakhodge88

    belated update

    Hi all, So its been a while since I last updated, been so busy with work and studies and life :biggrin:. Its been nearly a year now since I had the 2nd stage revision for an infection in the hip and I have to say on the most part its going well, back to walking and running, non contact sport...
Back
Top Bottom