Recent content by Itsabear

  1. Itsabear

    TKR Jenn’s RTKR Journey

    I appreciate the advice - I was to go out of town next week but was cancelled - I think I’ll take a week of from PT and just do home exercises - I will try to icing more…thank you!
  2. Itsabear

    TKR Jenn’s RTKR Journey

    I really don’t want to do MUA - I’ve been searching the threads and even the examples have better bed that mine at 9 months - review: 23 years frozen at 90 degrees - rtkr 11/09/23 - and had great bed but went from 115 back to 90 and I can’t seem to bend it anymore - feels like it’s getting...
  3. Itsabear

    TKR Jenn’s RTKR Journey

    Thank you!!!
  4. Itsabear

    TKR Jenn’s RTKR Journey

    Surgery 11/09/23 Okay - I can tell my bend is getting worse. I’m having to push my mom in wheelchair maybe twice a week - because of this exercise - I haven’t been lifting weights Because my knee is always so swollen the day of and days after. But I can totally tell that I can’t bend it as well...
  5. Itsabear

    TKR Jenn’s RTKR Journey

    Thank you - I take care of my mom - so I may have to get a massage therapist that can travel - but it’s an option I’ve been considering - and should really look into - thank you!
  6. Itsabear

    TKR Jenn’s RTKR Journey

    Thought I would ask here - So, as previously mentioned, I had a frozen knee 90 degrees for 23 years prior to my knee replacement. Surgery was 11/09 - No longer in PT - but I’m finding the right side of my leg the front muscles are always soar - which makes sense because I’m using muscles to...
  7. Itsabear

    TKR Jenn’s RTKR Journey

    Hey - if you can update my title to Jenn’s RTKR Journey - thank you!!!
  8. Itsabear

    TKR Jenn’s RTKR Journey

    Hello all, I stopped going to PT a few weeks ago now. I was down to 1 day a week and he started saying negative stuff so I just decided to quit. Most days my knee is stiff and as I mentioned in someone else’s thread - it feels like I can’t bend as much - I’m sure I’ll find out when my next...
  9. Itsabear

    TKR Week 13 Flexion

    I have to say I’m kind of freaking out about my flex too / I finally stopped PT - I was only going 1 day a week and it was always how hard he could push it and how I only had three months. I do feel like my knee has regressed since stopping so that makes me feel like maybe I should go back so he...
  10. Itsabear

    TKR Slight fever after RTKR

    I had a low one the first week to maybe 10 days after surgery - came and went up to 100.1. But always came down.
  11. Itsabear

    TKR LTKR 12/1/23 recovery

    is anyone concerned about the side affects of gabapentine? I’ve read some horror stories so haven’t used any that were prescribed
  12. Itsabear

    MUA RTKR

    Hello! I had my RTKR on 11/09 - I had a frozen knee for 23 years and have been in so much pain that this week has been - probably the only week I didn’t cry at night. I can honestly say it’s the most painful surgery I’ve ever been through. I know I’ll have many more days of crying to go...
  13. Itsabear

    TKR Struggling

    TKR on my right knee - I had incredible itching as well - found out I was allergic to adhesive. Didn’t know it’s been horrible because I had the silver strip with the adhesive on until 11/20, which my surgery was 11/09 - so by the time I removed the adhesive my skin had bubbled up and blistered...
  14. Itsabear

    TKR 30 November knee surgery date

    Hey ! I’m doing okay - pain has been truly unreal - I never knew how much pain someone could have. I have had a frozen knee positive position and couldn’t bend more than 90° since year 2000. My PA and Dr both were extremely surprised by the fact that I was completely frozen still anesthesia...
  15. Itsabear

    TKR Jenn’s RTKR Journey

    Hello all! Right tkr on 11/09 - I had a frozen knee at 90 degrees from an acl surgery back in 2000. On Sunday the area under the silver strip started itching so badly I thought I would go crazy. That itching started around Thursday 11/16. I was able to get my knee so cold it stopped itching -...
Back
Top Bottom