Recent content by IowaHip

  1. IowaHip

    How do I hang in for these last few days pre-op??

    @beachgal if you are getting by on Ibuprofen now, you should be able to do the same with Tylenol (or did I miss something).... Tylenol is perfectly fine to take in the week before surgery. For me, it worked pretty much the same as Advil. Where are you having your surgery? Did I read somewhere...
  2. IowaHip

    How do I hang in for these last few days pre-op??

    Hi @Chessie and @beachgal .. well, maybe I am lucky to have gotten by on Tylenol the week prior to surgery---I'm also trying to get off my pain meds at two weeks post-op, so maybe my pain tolerance is high, who knows...just make sure you go with whatever your surgeon and GP say, not off on your...
  3. IowaHip

    How do I hang in for these last few days pre-op??

    Stopping NSAIDS (aspirin, Ibuprofin--like Advil, etc.) is required 7 days before surgery almost universally but you can take Tylenol--acetaminophen products up until the day before surgery....so I shifted to that the week before. It worked fine and got me limping through that final week. You...
  4. IowaHip

    How do I hang in for these last few days pre-op??

    @beachgal The list from @Chessie is spot on! I like the "command center"---I, too, set up a command center--just didn't call it that..(have my laptop, books, tv remote, phone, writing pad, magazines, script bottles, water bottle, reacher/grabber tool and leg lifter all within close reach...
  5. IowaHip

    How do I hang in for these last few days pre-op??

    15 days ago, I was like you....now I'm two weeks post-op; like you, the last few days were a struggle, so I just kept as busy as possible but really, just counted the hours until my surgery (which scared me, as I had never been in a hospital for anything before)...two weeks later, I can tell you...
  6. IowaHip

    THR new member--wanting to wean off pain meds

    Wow, great forum....glad I found this... fascinated by @MajorHeidi's response because yesterday (when I went down to just one long acting 10MG oxycontin (no Tramadol) (waited until 9 pm to take the oxy), I had similar symptoms in late afternoon---chills, then hot, then chills, etc. So...
  7. IowaHip

    THR new member--wanting to wean off pain meds

    Hi all....I just signed up; glad to be here. I got a new left hip on June 24 (2014), so I am almost at two weeks. Wondering (as I am doing well so far) if I can/should try to get off the oxy and tramadol pain meds (I'm down to one a day of each). Any experience? I'm not really having any...
Back
Top Bottom