Recent content by Insider

  1. I

    TKR 2nd knee (left) popping / slipping due to asymmetrical swelling

    I think the MAJOR thing I've done differently is use a recumbant bike while watching TV. At the beginning, I just move my legs slowly to keep the muscles in motion and slowly over time move myself closer to the handles (forcing the legs to flex a tiny bit more each time...). I've started adding...
  2. I

    TKR 2nd knee (left) popping / slipping due to asymmetrical swelling

    Whoohooo! Two months already.... wow. Odd how the brain works, a little re-assurance and suddenly things go smoother. Although I intermittently have that same slipping, it's almost gone now that the swelling is mosly gone too. What I don't do is tense and panic... and that part seems really...
  3. I

    TKR 2nd knee (left) popping / slipping due to asymmetrical swelling

    Update post review with my surgeon! After imaging and a bunch of checking, he is convinced that everything is lined up perfectly and that as the swelling goes down the issue of the joint sliding will go away. He does recommend strengthening exercises that do not cause too much discomfort and if...
  4. I

    TKR 2nd knee (left) popping / slipping due to asymmetrical swelling

    Thank you very very much for joining these!!! I agree (as does my surgeon). Take it easy, stretch but avoid painful movements. We've booked a review next week to see how things are (plus xray) and will take it from there. I did review the page on clicking and because there is pain in this knee...
  5. I

    TKR 2nd knee (left) popping / slipping due to asymmetrical swelling

    Did some searching to see if anyone else can relate or help. Things were going well for the first couple of weeks. The PT started and the first day I was pressured to "see how much I could do". Yep, swelling and pain the next day.... BUT the swelling was asymetrical (on the outside of my left...
  6. I

    TKR 2nd knee (left) popping / slipping due to asymmetrical swelling

    Ok... I was a little unclear. Right knee was August 31st, 2023. I lost a lot of flexibility in the knee when my left knee stated failing (fell down 2 flights of stairs) and I stopped the physio (i.e. i was at 110 degrees.... but went back to 100 degrees)... vs the 120 I should be at. NOTE -...
  7. I

    TKR 2nd knee (left) popping / slipping due to asymmetrical swelling

    Ok. I was prescribed 1mg hydromorphone.... 1-4 tablets for pain. in the beginning I was taking all 4. Now... with 1 60mg broad specrtum CBD gummy (recommended by doctor)... I only needed ONE of the pills (i.e. 1mg). That said, it was an amazing impact to my recovery as the physio was way less...
  8. I

    2024 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Feb 27th! Left knee (second one done in September 2023)
  9. I

    TKR 2nd knee (left) popping / slipping due to asymmetrical swelling

    Feb 27th! Left knee (second one done in September 2023) Right knee had about 5-10% carlidge left. Left knee was awesome with ~20% left. Oddly enough my left knee hurt MORE.... weird. Thanks to keeping myself very "fit" I had way less pain than other friends in same situation. That said, when...
  10. I

    TKR 2nd knee (left) popping / slipping due to asymmetrical swelling

    Ok.... about 4-5 months in, I started using the "No Cry" knee pads (Gel plus memory foam plus EVA foam plus a hard "cover" and found them AMAZING). Basically I wanted to ask if anyone else has experience with knee pads and if they have found anything better. I'd like a "pull" on style that I can...
Back
Top Bottom