Recent content by Indygo

  1. I

    THR Indygo's RTHR Recovery Thread

    Interesting Kevininnc! Mine disappeared around week three as well. The chills felt like those you'd get with the flu. I almost got the electric blanket out, but made do with extra quilts.
  2. I

    THR Indygo's RTHR Recovery Thread

    Thank you, DA32561! I'll be at three weeks this Wednesday, and it does feel good to know that your experience is shared by others. The pain pill thing is hard. I've cut down to one strong pain pill per day, around bedtime, in part because I want to get back to my life--to driving and going to...
  3. I

    THR Indygo's RTHR Recovery Thread

    Thank you CG'sknees! Thank you! I feel seen! The difference really is in the PT, and in the pain as you try to get that knee to work. But the first couple of weeks--managing the pain medication and the erratic sleep patterns, are just the same. You have a good week as well!
  4. I

    THR Indygo's RTHR Recovery Thread

    Thanks again, Layla! I'm going to try to relax and just trust the process.
  5. I

    THR Indygo's RTHR Recovery Thread

    Thanks, Layla. The cold sweats and chills got better after a few days, thankfully. I'm grateful to have this site to check in. I've had several friends mention that their hip pain left immediately after surgery, which has not been my experience at all! I'm beginning to think my friend group is...
  6. I

    THR Indygo's RTHR Recovery Thread

    Thank you, dklaugh and Pumpkin! I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues with cold sweats and chills. This started a few days ago, and it's been constant. I don't seem to have a fever over 99. Is this common? Any explanation for it? I'm taking Tylenol and oxycodone. (There's always something...
  7. I

    THR Indygo's RTHR Recovery Thread

    I had my right hip replaced, posterior approach, on June 9th, so I've been home for a week. It's easier than the knee replacement I had two years ago, but I think I was expecting to feel better than I do! I heard so many stories about 80 year olds going out on the golf course after two weeks...
  8. I

    2021 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    My surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday, June 9--right THR.
  9. I

    THR How do you know if it's your hip that's causing the pain

    Thanks, Celle. I'm sure you're right, but was hoping it might work!
  10. I

    THR How do you know if it's your hip that's causing the pain

    Thanks all! We didn't set a date because I was so surprised by it! Also, I'm a teacher and have eight weeks left in the semester, so I have to factor that in as well as check on insurance. I'd love to just get it done because it's harder to walk each day, but I'm retiring at the end of the eight...
  11. I

    THR How do you know if it's your hip that's causing the pain

    Thank you Celle! Though I was hoping I wouldn't have to be back so soon, I love this forum. I practically lived on here during my knee replacement.
  12. I

    THR How do you know if it's your hip that's causing the pain

    A long title! I had a right knee replacement two years ago and did fine. The left knee needs replaced as well, but covid hit and I put it off. Over the past few months my right leg (the leg with the new knee) started giving out and then I had upper thigh pain, which got worse until now it's...
  13. I

    Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

    Welcome, Sondrals, and congratulations on your new knee! Someone with actual expertise will be along to give you articles and answer your questions. From my own experience (TKR on May 15th) I'll say that it's easy to worry those first few days and want to do things to make the healing go faster...
  14. I

    TKR I now have a matching set!

    Hooray! Thanks for the good news from the future!
  15. I

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Good for you all!! Happy to hear about the progress! I’m still not quite at the extension and flexion you are and am needing improvement on stairs, but overall my surgical knee is improving as the non surgical knee is inquiring about surgery Times next May!! Again, congrats!!
Back
Top Bottom