Recent content by in kneed

  1. I

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    Today is day 7 of no pain meds and I feel like ****. I’m constantly nauseous and still get headaches. If I’m able to nap, I wake up starving and then the cycle starts all over again. I’m supposed to go back to work in 6 days and I can’t get out of my own way. I see my surgeon on Thursday. Is it...
  2. I

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    I’ve weaned myself off Pain meds and think I might be going through withdrawals. I was taking two oxy/acetaminophen twice a day for 2 weeks and then reduced it to one a day for a week, then half a pill for a week. Today is day 4 without drugs and I’ve been nauseous and get a headache daily. I...
  3. I

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    Thank you, @sistersinhim. I’ve been beginning to stress about the pain and not meeting the numbers and also going back to work full time soon. Full work days and pt at night makes a very long , exhausting day.
  4. I

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    I see my surgeon again and I think I’ll let him know that I believe PT isn’t for me. I’d been told I have osteoarthritis in both knees, the left was the worst. Tuesday at PT, I stood facing the wall, hands on a bar, and did squats. Not only did it hurt my new TKR, but I now have pain in my right...
  5. I

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    I seem to be always hungry! 5 weeks post op. Anyone experiencing extreme hunger?
  6. I

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    @Spex10, did you find your knee to be very stiff in between PT visits? My knee is stiff and feels like it weighs 1000 pounds! My leg also isn’t straight in between PT sessions.
  7. I

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    I’m currently 5 weeks post op. I had in home PT for the first two weeks after my surgery, and now I’m going twice a week to outpatient PT. My confession is that I’m not diligent about doing my exercises on my non PT days. My PT wants me doing exercises 3 times a day and I just can’t bring myself...
  8. I

    TKR Slow but steady

    I find that I’m also on a day on-day off kind of schedule. I’m ok with it. Kneenah is in charge these days!
  9. I

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    Toss, turn, flip, flop. The days are getting easier, but the nights are dreadful! I can only sleep for an hour or so at a time. Any suggestions??
  10. I

    TKR Therapy verses a MUA<

    Hi Indi55! I also had my TKR, left knee, on 7/23. I’m down to one pain killer a day. I do get nauseous here and there, but I still have an appetite. My biggest complaint is night sweats. I wake up in a puddle of sweat whether I nap or sleep. Hoping that goes away once I’m off the meds. I, too...
  11. I

    TKR Hoping For The best

    A friend of mine sent me a pic of her dad’s knee after his TKR. His scar is barely visible. She had to compare his to mine. Pffft!
  12. I

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    I’m 55 and already been through menopause. I think it could be med related. When I was taking the meds 5-6 times a day, I was fine. Now I take them every 12 hours so maybe my body is beginning to withdraw. I think I’ll call the doc tomorrow to discuss.
  13. I

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    I keep waking up in a puddle of sweat. Anyone else have this happen? What’s this all about?
  14. I

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    Honestly, I felt I was taking them every 4 hours and really didn’t need them. I saw the surgeon today and had the staples removed and he gave me refills on my meds. I really don’t want to take them as I’d like to make do with Alene, ice and elevating at this point. I’m hoping this passes quickly.
  15. I

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    Today I had the bandage and staples removed and steri strips applied! Oh what a feeling! I also stopped all Pain meds the other day and I think I’m withdrawing. Waking up in puddle of sweat and disgusting body odor. Can’t wait for this to be over!!
Back
Top Bottom