Hi @Jaycey! Thank you for responding and hope all is well with you.
No, Nothing like that. I’ve been quite the opposite. Very sedentary due to the loss of my mother. However I do feel stiff and not as limber as a few months ago.
Hi everyone. It’s been a while! Hoping someone can offer some advice. Been waking up in middle of night with sore hip (THR). No idea why…feels completely fine when walking running etc. had my annual check about 1 1/2 years ago and cleared “looks wonderful and will outlast you”. Thoughts...
Ok here’s another question....I’m 12 weeks out of BPKR and been feeling great with the exception of stairs (as bad as before surgery). My right knee is feeling VERY full, heavy and tight today. Not tight like ROM but right like swollen. It’s not swollen though.
THOUGHTS?? :shrug:
Hi All,
I’m three months! Had to stop PT due to Pandemic but working at home on my ROM etc.
Question....is it strange to still have a LOT of pain with stairs (up and down)? Stairs are just as bad now as they were prior to my BPKR!
Thoughts? suggestions? Thanks everyone!
Feeling slightly concerned about where I am with my extension of the right leg. I’m five weeks post op and at -7 on the right leg and -1 on the left. So frustrated on the difference between the two.
I know it’s still early, but I can’t help worry that it may not get there when it needs to.
NOTE...
Had my four week checkup today!! :yay:
Doc said I was doing exceptional.
•Cleared me to drive
•Gave me a back to work note for March 23rd...tentatively as I told him I would reach out if I wasn’t ready to return yet.
•Was very please with Flexion and extension in both knees.
•Talked about how...
@Ready2HikeAgain sounds like you’re doing good! My knees are completely different too. Frustrating. I’m four weeks today and I planned to go back next Monday but I’m not going to. I want to have that right leg stronger and not so sore.
I too am home all day by myself. It’s manageable but...
@sistersinhim thank you for looking out for me, but please know that I would NEVER do anything I felt would put myself in jeopardy or would I ever allow someone to tell ME what to do. I (and my knees) am controlling how fast I recoup. I have four joint replacements and I know how to be cautious...
@Ready2HikeAgain in the house I’m walking around unaided. On stairs and if going out I’m on a cane. Used the walker only when at the hospital. Moved to crutches until 1 week out then PT moved me to the cane. How are you doing? How are you feeling?
@sistersinhim right leg is very limited but it’s coming along. I started this exercise more so to help this leg be more flexible. It’s so very tight and stiff. Feels COMPLETELY different than the left. Knowing my numbers helps me confirm how much further along my left leg is than my right. I’m...
26 days post op!
Started to try to move along the straightening of my right knee. Measurements this week:
LEFT: Extension = -2 Flexion = 106
RIGHT: Extension = -8. Flexion = 99
Today I began sitting in straight back chair and having another in front of me. Placed heel of right foot on chair...
@Ready2HikeAgain i experienced all that. Just seemed like another phase of recovery. I tried to ice before bed and took pain meds a little before bed so something seemed to kick in by the time I was in bed. I only had this for a few nights than on to another weird phase. Hopefully yours will...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.