Recent content by idnar

  1. idnar

    what about alpine skiing?

    Wow - it could take a year to get ROM!? Okay, I get the picture. I'm going to post your response, referee, next to my bed to remind myself to not get too anxious. This book had me thinking that I was in great trouble if I didn't get significant ROM in the first 2 weeks (I may be exaggerating -...
  2. idnar

    what about alpine skiing?

    One book I read says that getting your range of motion back is what you should concentrate on in the 1st 2 weeks. She recommended doing ROM exercises 4 times a day. Does that sound right to you all who have been through this?
  3. idnar

    what about alpine skiing?

    Okay - I am scheduled for a TKR on April 23rd! And I decided to go with the guy in Denver, skigirl. I printed a post on here about the exercises to do before surgery and have started doing them - along with some stretches. A physical therapist that I know says these are absolutely imperative...
  4. idnar

    2014 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    I scheduled my surgery and it's on April 23rd! After getting the feedback that I received on my concerns about skiing before and after the RTKR (is that how you indicate a right knee replacement?). I am now absolutely convinced that this is the way to go and to get it sooner rather than later...
  5. idnar

    what about alpine skiing?

    What made me consider the mobile bearing knee is that the mother of a friend has a fixed bearing in one knee and a mobile bearing on the other. The knee with the mobile bearing feels much better to her. Of course that could be due to any number of factors. But, if I do the TKR, I'll probably...
  6. idnar

    what about alpine skiing?

    I love all your answers. Thank you so much for responding. It's obvious that you all have been through a lot of pain and are now living on the other side with your knee replacements. I didn't do so well on the test - meaning that I can do most things with ease - it's just the activities that...
  7. idnar

    what about alpine skiing?

    Thanks for responding SkiGirl. It's so good to hear that you are able to ski so much! The biggest reason that I want this TKR is to ski without pain and without all the drugs. Fortunately, Vail, where I ski is a great mountain for the aging skier. The back bowls are forgiving but there are...
  8. idnar

    what about alpine skiing?

    This issue confuses me. I live in a ski area and ski regularly (2-3 times per week) but with a lot of pain. Some days are more painful than others. I take Ibuprofen AND Tylenol (2 of each) to make it halfway through the day and 2 more Ibuprofen to complete the day (yes, lots of pills). I...
Back
Top Bottom