Recent content by Iansmom

  1. Iansmom

    Many stairs at home, where should I be for the first week post op?

    Yes Chihuanhuan fortunately my husband and son will be home with me. So it sounds like I better set up my family room as my first "recovery area". I am starting to dread those five stair steps from the garage but there will be no way around them. Thanks so much everyone for your advice on this...
  2. Iansmom

    Many stairs at home, where should I be for the first week post op?

    Hi Smart people. My surgery is July 28th and I'm starting to think very hard about many things including where I should situate myself when I get out of the hospital. The problem is, my house is 5 levels, all separated by 4 to 12 stairs. My bedroom is on the top level with stairs between my bed...
  3. Iansmom

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Hi, Can you add me now for July 28- LTKR? I read and learned alot on this forum and site while deciding on my surgeon, device, PT place etc. Thank you so much for being here. I look forward to getting and giving support and guidance in the weeks and months ahead.
  4. Iansmom

    Finding the right surgeon- San Francisco East Bay

    Thanks so much Roy. I have considered doing that at the hospital and still might. I tried doing that by phone but didn't get very far. I thought I found the right OS this week but was a bit heartbroken when he told me, unlike what his scheduler told me, he does only 60 TKRs a year. He does a lot...
  5. Iansmom

    Finding the right surgeon- San Francisco East Bay

    Hello all of you helpful and supportive people! I need both knees replaced and have known this for awhile. I have seen about 6 Ortho surgeons through the years including two more in just the last week. I've been reading many of your wonderfully detailed and informative posts and asking the...
Back
Top Bottom