Recent content by hzootz

  1. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    Merry Christmas to all! 70 days since surgery. Doing quite well. Back to work seem to be handling it ok. Still some pain at night but seems to be better each day. Everyone have a Great New Year!!
  2. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    Another good day so far. More range of motion, can dress easier. Still can't get my sock on the operative foot. That is a short term goal. Walking better each day. Still get tuckered out quite easily. Go to bed early, sleep late. Nice to a point but would like to get more stamina. I know...
  3. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    Thanks @Me2 . I woke up to day feeling much better. Part of my problem is being "near stir crazy". I can get out, walk around enjoy the day, but can't go far. Can't drive yet and I am used to just going and doing. I know this will come with recovery, so I can go and do and do some more...
  4. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    Last 2 days seems to be a step back. I don't know if I just expect more than I am getting or if everything is normal. I have nothing direct to measure against. I am really stiff and have popping sensations in the operative hip. My knee hurts which didn't before surgery. Been trying to...
  5. hzootz

    THR Me2 and Recovery

    Amazing story, and to think, this morning I thought I was cool because my little papillion, Squatch, got me up in a panic because she had to go out! Got on shoes, jacket, put her on the lead (we trained her to hop up on the couch so I could hook her up.) took off out the door, she scooted down...
  6. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    Had 2 week post op visit with surgeon yesterday. All staples removed, incision looks great. I am moving around well. He said I can ditch the cane as soon as I forget carrying it. I do take it when I go out of the house just in case I need support or rest. Still on hip restrictions for 3...
  7. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    @Me2 I have appointment tomorrow with surgeon, Get my staples out (24 of them). Also, further update on return to normal activities (work, drive etc.) Do the staples hurt on removal? Will be 2 weeks post op tomorrow, today is good so far. Stiffness and incisional pain better each day...
  8. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    @toohip Thanks for the confirmation.
  9. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    Enjoying the small things is one of the reasons I chose the fall for my surgery date. I knew that, since I love the fall, and the beauty here in the Shenandoah Valley, it would motivate me to get out enjoy the day and build slowly on my walking distance and exercise. This has certainly been...
  10. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    @Me2 I think he did well inside. At least both feet point in the same direction.
  11. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    @MajorHeidi the little circles were from the dressing. It looked like a white honeycomb underneath Tegaderm. After removal it left these pressure "circles". Sorry I don't have a picture before removing it. That was the boss's job, my wonderful wife.
  12. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    @MajorHeidi and @Me2 , thanks for the good words. Today woke up and am having my best day post op. Lovely, cool fall day here in the Shenandoah Valley. My favorite time of the year. It feels good mentally and physically to have day like this. Hopefully, many more in the future.
  13. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    For anyone whom might be interested, here is a picture of my incision.
  14. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    Thanks @Jaycey and @CanukTriMom
  15. hzootz

    THR Hzootz has a new hip

    Hope all is well. You are my hip buddy, joined at the hip. I over did it some yesterday! Beautiful day tried a walk to the mailbox, about 600 feet one way. That went well but I paid for it with swelling and pain overnight and this morning. I am sure it is all part of the Rite of Passage for...
Back
Top Bottom