Recent content by Hubbysneez

  1. H

    Bilateral TKR Anyone get this rash? 2 weeks post op

    How long do people use the ice 3x a day. For my hubby it is about 2 months out still going to PT and they ice his knees there after therapy. He wants to know if he still has to do this at home? No swelling, no pain, really just tightness at this point thank you. I cannot find my initial thread...
  2. H

    When have most started to drive after R TKR?

    my husb is 6 weeks post op and just got the ok to drive but he had both knees done. only takes pain meds mostly at night to sleep
  3. H

    Bilateral TKR Anyone get this rash? 2 weeks post op

    I hope I'm putting this question in the right place as I got messages saying only 1 thread per person in recovery.so here goes. My husband is 6 weeks post bilateral knee replacement. He was scanned/ doppler in rehab on week 2. They found a small clot in both calf areas that were very small. He...
  4. H

    Welcome to the February Valentines' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    My husb had both knees replaced on 2/12 he spent 6 days in Hosp ( had issues getting ins approval for rehab) then rehab x 1 week he’s now home x 2 weeks and we went for his 6 week check up yesterday .. he just got the ok to drive! Thanks for all your stories and encouragement he’s still walking...
  5. H

    Bilateral TKR Anyone get this rash? 2 weeks post op

    Had anyone complained of restless leg syndrome (my hubby calls it jimmy legs)?? I thought it was from medications so he eliminated lyrica (for nerve pain) Benadryl (replaced by Medrol pk) He takes 1-3 dilaudid per day mostly right before PT and at bedtime he’s on xarelto for the blood clots...
  6. H

    Bilateral TKR Anyone get this rash? 2 weeks post op

    I’m so sorry it seems every time I try to respond I’m doing something wrong .. first off it’s hard to find the reply button as it does not always appear in the bottom of my thread I see it now but not alwAys .. and I have no idea what you are talking about regarding quoting you I did not...
  7. H

    Bilateral TKR Anyone get this rash? 2 weeks post op

    Sorry it was taking me so long to reply I couldn’t find the right button - and yes you were correct!! It was the glue from the dressing He did not have staples just glue . Ended up getting a prescription for solumedrol pack x 5 days it’s much better now.. he’s finished up his first week of out...
  8. H

    TKR Is there a place where family member can solicit advice?

    Thanks for posting I posted on behalf of my husband too as he is not very computer literate
  9. H

    Bilateral TKR Anyone get this rash? 2 weeks post op

    Thanks for your response. Sorry I’m a nurse so old habits die hard (using abbreviations) He only had paper tape in 2 spots across the long type of dressing. I’m wondering why the rash did not appear at first after his surgery instead of a week later. He did have thigh high compression...
  10. H

    Bilateral TKR Anyone get this rash? 2 weeks post op

    My husband's bilateral knees were replaced on Feb 12. He stayed in the hospital for 1 week as we were waiting for insurance approval - another story - but then they transferred him to acute rehab x 1 week. He's coming home the day after tomorrow. He is doing so much better as when he left the...
  11. H

    Bilateral TKR Anyone get this rash? 2 weeks post op

    My husband is finally going home this week from acute rehab - 2 wks post op. He is scheduled to go to out patient PT but is still really requiring him to take his pain meds every 4 hrs (dilaudid 4mg) in daytime and he takes a long acting pain med (oxy 10) at bedtime do it does not run out on...
Back
Top Bottom