Recent content by Houston girl

  1. H

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    I started having groin pain in 2010/2011 and about the point I was going to make a doctor's apt to see what was going on I broke my ankle. At the last visit to the orthopedic for my ankle I discussed my groin pain and he took xray of my hip and told me my hip was bad. I gimped around for...
  2. H

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    Hello all! I had my right hip replaced 6 weeks and 1 day ago and was wandering how long it would take to be able to put on socks and tie shoes. I came back to work after 4 weeks at home. My mornings start about 4:00...in office by about 6:15 and leave for home around 5:00. I saw my surgeon last...
  3. H

    THR My recovery

    Thank you all for your help. I tried to put date of surgery in signature, but I am working off a tablet and don't think I have been successful...yet. I am trying to walk a lot more today. I can take steps within the confines of the walker without supporting myself, but still limp.....how long...
  4. H

    THR My recovery

    Thank you for the replies! They told me I did exceptionally well in the hospital, but since coming home I can't really mark any improvements...hard to judge. Maybe I should just get up and walk more. I take the meds, but don't really feel I need them for pain control, but I'm sure they help keep...
  5. H

    THR My recovery

    Hello, found this site prior to my surgery. I had thr last week on Monday and got out of hospital Wednesday afternoon. I am using walker now and hope to transfer to cane soon. I get my stitches out next Tuesday. I would have more of what I would call discomfort in my leg than pain. Biggest...
Back
Top Bottom