Hi there,
I had my RTHR done in June and was on crutches for 6 weeks to give the bone a chance to strengthen around the prosthesis - water walking (as water takes over 50% off body weight)and exercises in water (leg curls, writing the alphabet with you bad leg) without weight bearing too much...
I haven't been online much lately as after 10 weeks after the operation I almost have my life back and painfree - back at work, driving and jogging 10 mins a day on a mini trampoline . X rays looking good and leg a little weak but no pain.
i would like to thank EVERYONE out there for just being...
Hi Sanctus, mine is an uncemented RTHR though not in pain I can relate to the waking up throughout the night (I think it is worry about turning over or somehow "doing something" to the leg) it does get better , it has been 5weeks and have just been told I can walk full weight bearing - for...
Thanks everyone :thmb: I know the 3 remaining weeks will go by , it's like having a car repaired then wanting to leap in and drive off (without waiting for the bolts to be tighten up ) I have to keep thinking it was only done 3 weeks ago to all that are in the same boat I say the glass is more...
I had the operation on the 8th June and have just left rehab, today - I have had no pain since day 2 but have to only put 50% weight bearing for 6weeks this I find very frustrating as I feel I can just get up and run :jump: there is bearly a mark where the surgeon cut and the hydrotherapy has...
Thanks everyone - I know it is mind over unfounded thoughts and that in about 3 months (Jo would have a better idea ) I can be back to quietly (to start with -playing tennis :jump: and maybe even going to the gym for weights and light cardio
best of all waking up and walking around without limping
in less than 24 hours I go in for the THR right - woke up this morning - nausea , headache and the feeling of "what am I doing !" I know this is unfounded but has anyone else had this last minute feeling:shk:
Hi Chrissy,
Good Luck ! think how great life will be once it is all over Did you pick this time so you and your husband can sit and watch the World Cup while "recovery" takes place !
All the Best
Found it - thanks it answers some questions - just spoke to the head nurse it will be just a small incision just behind the femural head as it is only a small femoral inplant but a large weight bearing head, again thanks for being supportive
can you please explain surgery and healing of lateral posterior incision vs posterior incision - I think I am going through last minute jitters as I go in next Tuesday feeling a bit over whelmed
Thanks for that - I think it is done in Europe and UK and only just finished clinical trials here:thmb: I am not worried as the surgery is very positive about the outcome we will see only 10 days to go
C4 I am so sorry - I don't understand the American health system but can your father have a nurse/ carer visit him once a day at home during your step mothers hospitalisation
As for your little quiet horse maybe lease him to a disabled riding facility until your surgery is done - that will...
Hi everyone I am off to have a THR on the 8th June the operation is called a silent hip replacement has anyone heard about this ? it is relativly new in Australia - it doesn't have a long stem only a short one and a large head ! :jump: hoping to this when it is over as I am sick and tied of...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.