Recent content by Hopefulhopalong

  1. H

    THR Recovery stiffness

    Hi, I did stop them, I realised this morning I can now manage them. However my hip, back and knees are still suffering stiffness and it’s my back I’m most concerned about . It’s stiff, so stiff I still can’t reach my shoes to fasten them. My hip is stiff too...I really thought those days would...
  2. H

    THR Sleep

    I hope you have found a way to get some sleep. It’s so hard. I found sleeping on my back one of the hardest things. I’m usually a side curler. I found my heels were very painful pressing on the bed so bought a gel filled heel pad...it made a massive difference. I find I get to sleep ok, but wake...
  3. H

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Thank you for this thread, I thought I was losing it. At week seven today and I feel like I might be coming out the other side, but wow, this op was way worse than I anticipated. I don’t think the info pack from the hospital prepares you well at all. At week four I just sat and cried....not like...
  4. H

    THR One week behind me for RTHR

    I wondered, sounds amazing. Minecwas traditional approach and much more trauma by the sounds of it. I hope you continue to enjoy your recovery x
  5. H

    THR One week behind me for RTHR

    Wow! That's amazing! Did you have posterior or anterior procedure?
  6. H

    THR Recovery stiffness

    Hi, yes it was a lot harder than I expected, I'm in week 6 but had two weeks where I had a horrible allergic reaction /infection which really knocked me. That's all OK now and I'm keen to make up the time I guess. I've continued with my bed exercises which are getting easier, except the adductor...
  7. H

    THR Recovery stiffness

    Hi, my surgery was full hip replacement of the right hip. Date 19th August 2021. I have been heel toe walking which I can do fine with a crutch but as soon as I put it down my hip drops. Weak gluteus according to the physio...
  8. H

    THR Recovery stiffness

    Hi everyone, firstly let me say what a useful forum this is! I’m 47 and nearly 7 weeks post op. I’ve suffered an allergic reaction and subsequent cellulitis which set my recovery back a bit, however, I am now walking with a crutch for about 2km, and can walk a bit without in the house but it’s...
Back
Top Bottom