Recent content by Hopeful6592

  1. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    OK, I had a follow up with the OS today. He said I am healing up quite well. I told him of the severe pains that I continue to have, the ones that prevent me from sleeping more than a couple of hours a night and he just said that he isn't sure what is causing it. I asked about "restless leg"...
  2. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    I took the magnesium & potassium supplements last night and I slept a little better. I will continue to take the supplements and see if the improvement continues. I woke up only one last night and not in the worst pain. Hopefully this improvement will continue. I can't thank you guys enough...
  3. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    Tried to do a little shopping today, just to get groceries and it was wonderful to get out of the house and finally drive by myself, however about 2 hours after I got home, the severe cramps started again. Anyone else having these problems?
  4. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    I definitely will try the magnesium & potassium, all else has failed. Although, the heating pad when used last night was 30 minutes on medium heat, when I was jarred awake at 3:30am, the pain in the knee wasn't as bad as it has usually been and I didn't require assistance to get my leg...
  5. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    I continue to have the same problems with the stabbing, sharp pains that come in the knee almost all the time now. These "Charlie Horses" are about to kill me, I haven't been able to sleep through the night but once, since the surgery almost 5 weeks now. I have been icing my knee constantly...
  6. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    I am cooperating with my physical therapist now that I have one that is NOT trying to bend my knee in the opposite direction. The one that I have now is so much easier to work with. I have been taking my medication and not trying t go without any or reducing the dosage. I have been doing the...
  7. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    I have reduced the exercises and I am taking the pain medication on schedule.
  8. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    I went to see the GP doctor this afternoon and I explained to him what is going on with my knee. Once I told him that I can't move my leg when the leg freezes in flexion, this requires assistance to get it straight again. Doctor said this is not common and should be tended to immediately. It...
  9. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    Ok, since I am 4 weeks post op now, does anyone have any helpful advice on stopping the Charlie horses that come everyday now? I have asked the OS about it, he just said that this happens sometimes and that it should pass. This poses a serious problem because I can't sleep and wake my husband...
  10. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    That sounds like I could handle that. I go back to PT tomorrow and I'll see what his reaction is to that's enough of that one. I do the ankle pumps and the heel slides frequently, without pain. I just try to get the motion back. Sitting in a straight back chair and bending, I am now just...
  11. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    I have been elevating my leg, and continue to do so. I guess I am afraid of running out of my meds again, so I have been trying to cut back whenever possible. I know this isn't a great idea, but in the 2nd week, I ran completely out and never want to run out again. I have read the articles...
  12. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    I will refresh my memory with those articles. I know that I can be a very impatient person, but I also know that reading about other's experiences will help with that too.
  13. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    Josephine, to answer your questions, the pain level is averaging around a 4 most of the time. Except during and after PT, then it goes up to between a 6 & 7. Pain medication is Percocet 10 mg. I take 2 pills every 6 to 8 hours, unless I can make it a while longer. I try to stretch it out...
  14. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    Wow, serious set back the last 2 days. Unable to sleep more than 2 hours at night. Whenever trying to go to sleep, the whole joint feels like it is separating from the bones. Feels just like a Charlie Horse in the knee. Can't move it at all, I have to get help to straighten it out. This is...
  15. Hopeful6592

    TKR 2 days post-op

    I hope you are right, and today was a very good day. Once I was done with PT. I was able to sit at the kitchen table for about 30 minutes and then got to go outside for another 30 minutes. It was so nice to be outside on a beautiful day with the sun shining brightly. I wouldn't have believe...
Back
Top Bottom