Recent content by Hooray

  1. H

    THR Calcification problem - advice needed

    Two and half years on, the time has come for a long overdue but very recent and current little update. Back in November 2015 my surgeon told me that I was carrying a fair bit of calcification in the soft tissue around the site of the joint replacement. It's a common thing, I was told, but...
  2. H

    Revision THR Picking up an old thread

    Thank you, yes that's the one!
  3. H

    Revision THR Picking up an old thread

    Hello - I've just tied to pick up a thread that I last posted to in 2015 and find it closed for any further posts. I had some news to post about what had happened since then, culminating in further surgery on Wednesday this week (!) Is there a way to re-open an old thread please? I'm hoping that...
  4. H

    THR Calcification problem - advice needed

    Thanks Josephine, I can ask! Any thoughts on the calcification? Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  5. H

    THR Calcification problem - advice needed

    Hi All It's now a little over 6 months since my LTHR, and if I'm honest, I'm not really where I had hoped to be. I get pain in the joint area, down my thigh front, in the groin, and buttock too. Usually the pain is in one place or another, but not in more than one place, so it's difficult to...
  6. H

    THR Calcification problem - advice needed

    I can't believe how quickly time seems to be passing at the moment. Wednesday coming will mark the 10 week anniversary of my operation, but the last 3 or 4 weeks have simply flown. My hip is really behaving itself, and I've taken one or two liberties and not really had any issue. On Friday I...
  7. H

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    @Sullivand Hi, you've been kind enough to chip in on one or two of my recovery posts, so I thought I'd just catch up with you on your thread. As it happens you've mentioned a couple of things that really struck a chord with me. I too have kicked the Tramadol, just last week, and agree with your...
  8. H

    THR Calcification problem - advice needed

    I had my 6 week follow up with the ortho' team yesterday; I decided I was ready to travel on public transport, so caught the train to the hospital. It's only around 50-55 minutes journey, but involves a change en-route and includes stairs, escalators, jostling on platforms and crowded London...
  9. H

    THR Calcification problem - advice needed

    A week on from my last post, so a little update. I had my second physio session yesterday, and every thing about the new joint looks and feels fine. My hip on the side is still pretty swollen, but this is all quite normal I'm told and nothing to worry about. I'm moving around without sticks or...
  10. H

    Hip Replacement with Ceramic on Polyethylene **INPUT PLEASE**

    I'm by no means an expert, but this implant is exactly what I had 5 weeks ago today. My surgeon explained to me that the indications are that the expected lifespan of this type of implant is very good, but they haven't been around all that long, so it's an expectation based on lab tests rather...
  11. H

    THR Calcification problem - advice needed

    Thanks for the good wishes. Catching up a little more now as I'm now 30 days post op and this seems like a good time. Also I couldn't leave my thread as it was - I'm not normally a superstitious person, - fingers crossed, - but I couldn't help noticing how a certain number, considered unlucky...
  12. H

    THR Calcification problem - advice needed

    I just thought I'd share a bit more with everyone. I confess I had read some of the advice on this super forum about not overdoing things with a slightly dismissive attitude; I'm stronger than that I thought. On Tuesday I came back from an afternoon walk, still on two crutches, but trying to...
  13. H

    THR Calcification problem - advice needed

    Thanks Poppet, all interesting stuff Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  14. H

    THR Calcification problem - advice needed

    Just thought I'd share my experiences of these lovely TED's. I had left THR on 13th of this month, and am I think doing OK. I was home by the evening of 16th, and have a 30 day course of blood thinning tab's, 6 weeks of hip precautions, and instructions to keep the TED's on for 6 weeks too. I'm...
  15. H

    What Do TEDS look like?

    Just thought I'd share my experience of these lovely TED's. I had left THR on 13th of this month, and am I think doing OK. I was home by the evening of 16th, and have a 30 day course of blood thinning tab's, 6 weeks of hip precautions, and instructions to keep the TED's on for 6 weeks too. I'm...
Back
Top Bottom